When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN GPF/256 - the verdict?!

rmcsherry

I will not get this one...the wrong size is definitely a too big flaw for me...just like VDB said, this one is for the display purpose for every vintage lover, not for wearing....or it comes in the right size or it stays a dream for me!
:g:

:whistling:

Always interesting to see vintage projects, but honestly the Eggzy is fit for display only. Wearing it would invite only ridicule, that is, if it was actually wearable.

Now I'm done being pedantic :) I have to say I actually prefer the ridiculously sized 60+mm gen Eggzy - something cartoonish and clown-like about it, makes you smile. The smaller DSN rep however just looks a bit stupid and pathetic.

not for the wrist...but for the vitrine

posted at 11:56 a.m.

but honestly the Eggzy is fit for display only.

posted at 05:37 p.m.

:g:

:whistling:

Now I'm done being pedantic :)

not pedantic enough! :D;)

Edited by dadog13

Everyone is talking about the size....it is the wrong size...OK.

But now DSN has done this piece and I am really tempted.

This is what is bothering me:

He states "7750 manual wind"....that means the rotor has been taken out and the watch is now used by handwinding it....remembering some of The Zigmeister

Everyone is talking about the size....it is the wrong size...OK.

But now DSN has done this piece and I am really tempted.

This is what is bothering me:

He states "7750 manual wind"....that means the rotor has been taken out and the watch is now used by handwinding it....remembering some of The Zigmeister

Their always exist other option, depending on work you can do.

I think the choice of the 7750 was for the spacing beetween second subdial, more close to angelus like that a unitas.

So yes you can probably change the movement, but need to change the dial too.

I think that's why the 7750 was chosen - but an Angelus 240 has a subdial spacing of 8.9mm, a 6497 is 10.25mm and a 7750 is 8.2mm. Neither are an accurate replacement; the 7750 is 0.7mm out, the 6497 is 1.35mm out - ironically, the Asian 21J auto would have been the best option in terms of subdial spacing!! It was never going to be 100% perfect - hats off to DSN for trying to meet demand and supply a truly unique offering.

• 3 weeks later...

This watch is as classic Panerai as you can get. Ralph Lauren has the gen from 1956 and it is in brushed steel, with no swiss/etc print at the 6 oclock position. Even with my 8 inch wrist, the 60 is just to big. How many people have seen this gen? Not many. True it is a fantasy, but still a huge beautiful watch, and I am thrilled to buy it. This is what the vintage Panerai is all about, and Enzo deserves credit for working together with DSN to pull this one off. Bravo, and happy day! :D