When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN GPF/256 - the verdict?!

rmcsherry

panerai_image.954931.jpg

Upon comparison of the genuine pictures available online, here are some of the flaws:

1) Font - The Radiomir Panerai wordings on DSN's are too thick and more like the older Egyptian from the yesteryears.

2) Lacking - L Swiss Made L at the bottom of DSN's version

3) Bezel - Red Ink on the Gen. DSN's version is plain. --- easy mod though.

That said, Davidsen is always churning out great timepieces....so it'll be soon before we see a close to genuine Panerai Radiomir Egiziano 2009. :)

Quick check against the handful of images I have - on first impressions not bad at all - bar the dial , CG crown- but it's a good chunk of metal to start having some fun with!!

I'd be keen to see the detail on the back as well

Panerai-Back.jpg

Egiziano-panerai.jpg

paneraiegizianoads1dp8.jpg

Still a bit too big for my skinny wrists though!

FGD

on first impressions not bad at all - bar the dial

Who needs a DSN dial anyway? ;)

IMG_1292.jpg

The lug shape / CG aren't perfect, but there's enough material to 'play' with. Verdict is still out on the bezel - although I'd like to see some user photos of it before decididing!

DSN:

DSCF0376-1.jpg

Gen:

LuminorPaneraiBigEgyptian3.jpg

Needs some lug work in addition to the bezel but not a bad base for this Bad Boy...Are the lugs on the modern version as rounded as the Vintage one posted?

Nice Dial Ross :notworthy: Takes that flaw out of the equation

Assume DSN was going off the vintage model for his given his lume color (Too amber for me) ....

Red numerals on bezel are for the latest modern L Swiss L offering, right?

What was the case material on the gen originally? I seem to remember seeing somewhere, or being told that it was aluminum, correct me if I am wrong. If the DSN rep case is of aluminum or titanium, thats one thing, but if the rep is solid stainless steel, then it would be like wearing a boat anchor to your wrist. I think DSN was going for the vintage when repping this as the vintage does not have the red numbers on the bezel, has no "swiss made" on the dial and has the dial printing a little thicker. Of course, with only a few of these gens in the world, I'll bet that this rep was made without the benefit of the real deal as a sample. Although, can you imagine tearing apart a real one of these to rep it :o ?? Anyway, great effort by DSN, well done!! :clap3:

Cheers B)

PS - now that we have this one, how 'bout repping the Mare Nostrum ;)

What was the case material on the gen originally? I seem to remember seeing somewhere, or being told that it was aluminum, correct me if I am wrong. If the DSN rep case is of aluminum or titanium, thats one thing, but if the rep is solid stainless steel, then it would be like wearing a boat anchor to your wrist. I think DSN was going for the vintage when repping this as the vintage does not have the red numbers on the bezel, has no "swiss made" on the dial and has the dial printing a little thicker. Of course, with only a few of these gens in the world, I'll bet that this rep was made without the benefit of the real deal as a sample. Although, can you imagine tearing apart a real one of these to rep it :o ?? Anyway, great effort by DSN, well done!! :clap3:

Cheers B)

PS - now that we have this one, how 'bout repping the Mare Nostrum ;)

To me it looks like a rep of the 63mm original but in the smaller 52mm homage size.

Oh and the Mare Nostrum is a dog as well, woof woof!

oh man

i mean is to small

what is this for ****!!!

i talk with davidsen and she say``meassures come from ENZO``

enzo??? who is enzo???

i think is the best vintager???

i hope dates from him correct and watch is 60mm without cg

this is a very big foul when size not correct

this watch is not interest for me when to small

davidsen egiziano offer description:

Big steel brushed case or Ti plated case

-diameter 52mm x 16mm thick

-diameter with CG 60mm

-uni directional turning bezel

-plexigalss

-aisan 7750 style hand winding movt 28,800 bph

-dark brown sandwich dial with hand painted logos

-3atm WR

-tan 24x24mm leather strap with GPF style buckle

rolli

oh man

i mean is to small

what is this for ****!!!

i talk with davidsen and she say``meassures come from ENZO``

enzo??? who is enzo???

i think is the best vintager???

i hope dates from him correct and watch is 60mm without cg

this is a very big foul when size not correct

this watch is not interest for me when to small

Yes it's bad if the size is not the good one.

But i can be interested, even the same in a 47mm can interest me as it is hard to buy a watch that you now never wear because too big.

A pic next to a fiddy can be good to know.

The gen was of steel but aluminium plated.

This one need to be beadbalsted and darkened; i would like to see pics of the ti plated one, it not see dark if it's the one left on last pic.

For the dial, many thanks to R., mine is ready since a month for this baby, and angelus "non alarm" too :D

Edited by Clint Eastwood

oh man this is a hard story

david have not correct info`s for size become

sorry this is very bad for him

david is the best panerai man here and today the very nice watch...but not correct meassures

ok my project cancelled

what is with the nice 2/56???

this is not going for a homage

GPF 2/56 wrist shot (60mm ex. CG)

1205964907.jpg

RWC 1954 Egiziano wrist shot (52mm ex. CG - same as DSN's)

1954_6.jpg

- Wrong size, but it's more wearable!!

And... DSN's bezel:

DSCF0376-1.jpg

Compared to the RWC bezel:

egi_uc_c.jpg

Based on the size and bezel similarities, has he repped the RWC and put a CG on it? The case inaccuracies are the same on both - makes you wonder.

Ho hum - I'd say the smaller one (whilst not as historically accurate) would be more wearable and get more sales anyway. Well done DSN - now, how about that PAM341??!

I will not get this one...the wrong size is definitely a too big flaw for me...just like VDB said, this one is for the display purpose for every vintage lover, not for wearing....or it comes in the right size or it stays a dream for me!