When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC GST Rattrapante, Automatic Split-Second Chronograph

Scrumpyjack

Guest asim

what is the asking price, what is the serial number, and can he show the guarantee card showing the serial number.

I can ask IWC on monday whether the serial also matches with the watch. I work for an AD

(watch looks ok)

Thanks for the comments ....

We have not agreed on a final price but we are in the region of $400!!!

I have asked for a pic of the card and/or the serial number. The seller claims they are actula pictures of the watch so I will keep you informed

Thanks again

SJ

Hi. I am by all means no expert, but I thought the "o" is supposed a capital "O" on the back where it says INTERNATIONAL WATCH CO. Looks like a lower case o in the picture. Probably best to leave it to one of the experts here but I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

I have asked for a pic of the card and/or the serial number. The seller claims they are actula pictures of the watch so I will keep you informed

Thanks again

SJ

There's something seriously wrong there. Beware!!!

Guest asim

Thanks again

SJ

400 dollars? ? ?

come on buddy, there is something fishy going on!

Again thanks for the replies...

As you can probably see from the latest pic attached there is definately something going on. This was a result of me asking the seller to send me a picture with a tag to demonstrate they were pics of the actual watch...(more paintshop experience needed me feels).

What is now intriging me is what does he have for sale given I have said I would pay through Paypal...any thoughts.

This is a good experience for me, being a totally noob collecter. Thanks to Mickey Padge my first purchase has left a very sweet taste and this interaction is learning me the other side of it all.

BTW we have agreed a price of $330 :o;)

post-22082-1241907126_thumb.jpg

Nice IWC, genuine without a doubt....nice price, a bargain without a doubt.....bad seller, a scammer without a doubt!

Offer him cash on collection, he'll soon change his tune....oh no, erm I am quite busy bla bla bla, I can't meet face to face my company has just posted me overseas yada yada

My advice is to stay away. If it is a genuine seller who has gone insane to the point where he wakes up in the monirng thinking he is a parsnip, and he selling a genuine IWC at this price I apologise for the deal you will miss out on :D

Ask not for a picture with a tag, but for a picture with a date it in, preferably a newspaper with the date in picture. Everyone can make a tag name in the picture with photoshop. that was really useless.

And yes, offer cash on collection. Or if other country you can tell that a buddy of yours lives there and is willing to pick it up...

And also... track his ip address from the email contact and otherwise arrange that he will email you so you can find his ip address. To make sure that he is actually where he is claiming to be. Instead for instance in Nigeria...

Let us know how its going... In the mean time: Good luck.

At that price, you could afford to fly half way around the globe, pick it up in person come back with it on your wrist and still have got yourself a bargain......that pretty much sums up how riciulous that low price is.....would you receive a genuine watch if shipped by airmail....no way :)

What they all said. :lol: Pics are obviously gen. There is no rep in the 44mm size. I would move on but if you are determined to try go with pick-up by you or a friend who is in the area. I have asked more than one local member here to go check on a watch for me and everyone is generally happy to do it given a reasonable timeframe. The thrill of the hunt... I would not invest the money on the "plane trip". Not to go see Frumpy Jack or whatever his name is. :lol:

Hi All...again thanks for the advice and input. I will provide a full update soon but I am now trying to find a member near De Pere Wisconsin.

I am going to post a request in the general section...

Stay away man. As soon as you pick up the watch you will be robbed.

If he puts it on the bay for a "by it now price" of $3300,- it's gone the same day!

Why would he sell it for 1/10th of that price!

• 2 weeks later...

Such watches of such values , i would not buy on internet - even if he photgraphs the watch with the right serial number and the correct date and so on and on:

what's the point of selling a 4K watch for 400 dollars? why not 1000 dollars? would still be a bargain, right? So it's like 100% sure, that he might have the correct watch, and pictures,

but will take the money and send you just nothing. And he probably knows, that if you pay 400 euros and get nothing, or a cheap rep, you will not be make a move as it will be far

more expensive to take a laywer and will eat up month of time to get that money back - so i think he just speculates, that you will just let it be.

Why not use an Escrow company like Escrow.com.

Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms

Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the Buyer's inspection, and any shipping information.

Buyer Pays Escrow.com

The Buyer submits an available payment option. Escrow.com verifies the payment. Processing time varies by payment method.

Seller Ships Merchandise

Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. Escrow.com verifies that the Buyer receives the shipment.

Buyer Accepts the Merchandise

The Buyer has a set number of days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise. For more information, FAQs - Return Questions.

Escrow.com Pays the Seller

Escrow.com pays the Seller by the method selected by the Seller. The transaction is complete.

For something like this, its the only way to go.

$330 for a rattrapante? I'll pay you $2000 for the watch..... you getting the idea? there is no way the watch he's selling to you is genuine. even if the watch was stolen, he could sell it on TZ or a pawn shop for ALOT MORE MONEY than $330.

like someone mentioned, you can fly to wisconsin to do a face-to-face deal, pay him $330 and still come up WAY ahead.