When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White dial Carrera DD out soon!

importr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, no my crown isn't screw-down either. I don't think the gen is, since its "only" rated for 100M.

Thanks, yes I think you are right, the "older" Carreras as well were not screw down.

I did think that for a moment, but could it just be reflection of a dark object? If you look at the black watch (on that japanese website), some of the numbers are also dark due to reflection.

Tough call isn't it? Though if the numerals were dark, i'm sure the official pics would show it as - just like the date window

???

Yes, I'm also curious about this. Will make sure to compare the REP with the GEN to check it out next time I'm at the AD.

The black dial is also as good as gen. The TACHYMETER script is correct....its just the AR that needs sorting really

Yeah. I was one of the first few who ordered the black dial. Btw, 3 employees at AD argued with me that this watch is definitely size 45mm, not 43mm. I was speechless. Wonder how they keep up with their job.

Cant comment on the feel, but apart from the G arrow on the TAG badge, the Black dial looks exact to me. All this was detailed in b16a2's review?

As for the AR, i was looking at the gen in the AD - which has colourless AR. Absolutely perfect like Chieftangs stuff. The rep AR has very strong blue tint. This is like the difference between the v1 Skyland and the v2 (which has the better AR)

Sometimes I feel like removing the top coat on mine! :o

(EDIT) the AR is not an issue with the white dial Day Date

i thought the v2 skyland ar has the blue strong tint.. but oh well.. i guess as long as the rep has that gen feeling.. u cant really notice the diff unless u have it side by side? :) since the black colour is close.. and well lets just say that even without the arrow i doubt anyone can see it from distance