When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White dial Carrera DD out soon!

importr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already ordered two!! :partytime:

one white with steel band, and one black with black leather! I spied the black one at the AD and it looked brilliant. Made the old Carrera look significantly smaller.

The Ar really sets this piece apart from the "lesser" TAGs

...guess its time to make some space in the watch box again!

oh how fickle we are....

Some more "white dial" pics on Kings site.

It could be metallic white, we'll have to see. The gen pics don't seem to show it as obviously silver...otherwise the markers and hands would be lost.

Some more "white dial" pics on Kings site.

It could be metallic white, we'll have to see. The gen pics don't seem to show it as obviously silver...otherwise the markers and hands would be lost.

I agree with you that the dial is white on King's website, I think the replica has a white dial, no doubt.

However on the TAG website it is clearly written at least two places that the dial is silver.

What colour you see on the picture white or silver or silver/white is not clear to me. But I trust the text when it says that the dial is silver.

I absolutely love the white dial on the rep, but I think it is not accurate.

That of course might not be so good, but still the watch is really beautiful - which might be reason enough to get the watch.

I think that is the one with a silver dial. I do not think it is one with white dial.

If you read and look carefully at the Tag Heuer website (link: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...w=CV2A11.BA0796 )

it is silver.

It's the same thing. There are only 3 dial variants: black, brown and "silver" (aka white). I initially thought the design was too crowded...but when you see it in person, the 2mm larger diameter does make the "crowding" work better.

It's a beautiful watch.

Here are pics of the genuine:

CV2A11_FC62351.jpg

The above picture looks white to me, I agree to that, however on the TAG website it is another picture.

That one is difficult to see if it is white, silver or silver/white, but the text is clear.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...w=CV2A11.BA0796

it is written "silver dial" two times on the above link. (Same link as in my last post.)

Quote: "Case: Polished steel case with tachymeter scale on the bezel (black aluminium bezel for black dial, brown aluminium bezel for brown dial and polished steel bezel for silver dial). Domed sapphire crystal with double-sided antireflective treatment"

Quote:"Dial: Black, silver or brown dial with 3 registers: chronograph hour at 6 o

It's the same thing. There are only 3 dial variants: black, brown and "silver" (aka white). I initially thought the design was too crowded...but when you see it in person, the 2mm larger diameter does make the "crowding" work better.

It's a beautiful watch.

It is a beautiful watch.

Although to me, silver is very different from white. I bought the Chopard GT XL "lite".

The text and picture said white. The watch has a very silver dial.

I love the watch with the silver dial, but to me it's not white.

These two colours on the Chopard are very different.

On the TAG of course they might be very similar, and as you say it might be the same thing.

I think that is the one with a silver dial. I do not think it is one with white dial.

If you read and look carefully at the Tag Heuer website (link: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...w=CV2A11.BA0796 )

it is silver.

The dial of the gen is definitely white. I tried it on at the AD last weekend, the dial of the gen _looks_ like the factory pictures of the rep I've seen, although I don't have the rep yet so I can't say exactly how close it is.

The gen does not look as the sketch on TAG Heuer's site (which is true for lots of their watches btw), there are of course lots of silver details on the front of the watch, including the bezel, but the dial is definitely white on the gen I tried. Maybe they try to fool the rep factories not just with their "sketches" nowadays, but also by the actual name of the watch =) .. "oh, did we say it was silver?" =D

I will compare mine to the one at the AD as soon I get it (it's in the pipe) and let you guys know what I think.

TAGs old Carrera with silver dial was definately silver:

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...w=CV2017.BA0786

and comparing the 2 TAG pictures, the shades of "silver" look nothing like each other

I am quite confident that the rep silver/white is close enough to the gen

:)

I think there are TWO more flaws with the new rep though -

the TACHYMETER on the bezel is carried from the old model. Whereas on the new genuine model the text is wider, but more condensed.

on the white/silver model, the date window should be tinted

good eye!

man, how hard is it to get the right (or at least close to it) font? :angry:

also, all they had to do is have the same color for the date window as they used for subdial rings... :angry2:

im guessing they just got lazy at the end and decided that we'd much rather "mod" it to perfection, lol :doh:

PS: it looks like the black dial version doesn't have the aforementioned flaws...go figure :wacko:

but the whole "no arrow" on the "G" in TAG is more noticeable....damn

PS: it looks like the black dial version doesn't have the aforementioned flaws...go figure :wacko:

but the whole "no arrow" on the "G" in TAG is more noticeable....damn

It won't be a big deal. I was looking at the gen in person, and the pics exaggerate things. The shield on the dial is probably 4mm across...making the "G" 2mm maybe??? It's not noticeable. 90% of the people I know have a hard time reading the hash marks on the chapter ring and the tach bezel...let alone discerning differences on a 2mm letter G without magnification.

the TACHYMETER on the bezel is carried from the old model. Whereas on the new genuine model the text is wider, but more condensed.

Yup, if you compare the pictures side by side you can see that the font differs a bit.

on the white/silver model, the date window should be tinted

Maybe a bit, hard to say how much though since if you look at the pics of the gen here, you see that the numerals reflect the same color as the date window, and this is also true for the rep, same color on numerals as date window. Hard to say from the gen pics if the reflected background can have anything to do with the tinted appearance of the date window and numerals.

One flaw of these watches though that seems to appear much less on the white version, judging only by the rep pics, is the instant give away of the blueish rep-AR .. the black gen is never ever blue, in any angle, where as the black rep is blue in just about every angle =( .. nothing a re-AR won't cure of course, but the white dial does not seem to emphasis this as much, which is good.

It won't be a big deal. I was looking at the gen in person, and the pics exaggerate things. The shield on the dial is probably 4mm across...making the "G" 2mm maybe??? It's not noticeable. 90% of the people I know have a hard time reading the hash marks on the chapter ring and the tach bezel...let alone discerning differences on a 2mm letter G without magnification.

I agree on this, I think it's a non-issue. Checked the black dial version out this afternoon, and you can hardly make out any details on the TAG logo without looking really really close or using magnification.

Yeah the gen black dial does not give any hues of AR, it looks so crisp and clear. I am liking these more than my fabled Breitling & Omegas!!

Anyway, back to the rep; the TAG shield dial logo is also carried over from other reps; i just checked my rep RS2, it has the tiny G arrow missing!

To be honest, if someone never pointed that out, i'd have never known!

I'm gonna keep a lookout at the ADs to see if the white dial version has a tinted date window....

Tried on the black dial and a date version carerra this lunchtime at a AD's so that I could compare the two side by side for size and this watch is awesome looking - the AR makes a massive differnce. One of the worries I had, being small wristed, was that it would look way too big and just 'shout' out but it felt just right and in comparison to the date version its not that much more bigger looking on the wrist.

I was going to order the white dial version but having tried the black on I think I just might get that - with leather strap.

Still not found the white dial one at any AD's and the saleman at the shop wasn't aware they did one or likely to stock one.

Anyone seen the white in the flesh??

Kul

Got my two today!! :1a:

They are f-kin brilliant! Both watches are well made and are feel heavier than the previous Carrera (obviously). Both are very well made - as good as, if not better.

The details are all there...the white dial one is awesome! It looks very classy with the polished bezel and leather strap. I love em!

Thanks Joshua...dealer feedback coming soon!

20052009273.jpg

20052009274.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but how do they get the minute sub dial from the 3 o'clock to the 12 o'clock position?

Is this another potential Daytona type module stuck on the 7750? No sunken date wheel, though.

This asian 7750 is a direct copy of the swiss 7750. Like for like.

There are no major modifications made because the 7750 was originally configured with 6,9,12 subdials....with seconds at 9.

The asian 7750 with subdials at 3,6,9 (tricompax), seconds @ 3, seconds @ 6, seconds @ 12 - are all asian modified derivatives of the asian 7750! Hence the extra gears and plates etc creating the sunken datewheel.

HTH! :)