When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie To Replicas, Err... Watches In General

astig

Hi!

I know how annoying it gets when a newbie starts a thread and asks so many questions when all he has to do is read around and use the search function. I am still in the research phase and i am having fun learning about how watches work and which are good. While I am on that stage, maybe someone with a good heart can direct to the right direction - like the really good reps. i am hoping to get a nice PAM and a rolex. I still have a lot of reading to do before i can start collecting.

I want the best panerai reps. Sadly, i dont have anyway of inspecting a gen one so i dont know if it is close enough. So i will just be relying on the experts' advice. BTW why is it called PAM not PAN?

so far i will be going with the basic 111. i am also liking the Daylight 7753 although i am unsure if i want to spend $700 this early for reps.

the IWC GST Ti also caught my eye. dont know how good a rep it is.

any good ones for the ladies?

I am glad to have stumbled upon this and want to thank the people who support this site. :)

new to watches in general?...so you've never had a watch in your life?... :lol:

just kidding...

we are all new to this...aren't we?....every day you can discover something new...so start discovering by having a nice research...

have a nice stay....and welcome!

new to watches in general?...so you've never had a watch in your life?... :lol:

just kidding...

we are all new to this...aren't we?....every day you can discover something new...so start discovering by having a nice research...

have a nice stay....and welcome!

hahaha! :D i mean replicas.. yeah ive been reading. i didnt know how much theres into it. :)

thanks everyone...

but i doubt it if i can decide on my own when it is time to buy my first "GOOD" rep. i am unfortunate not to have the expensive gens around me, to hold or inspect them. :( so i hope i wont be bugging everyone if i ask how close a rep is to the gen. as i plan to get a really good rep as i know i wouldnt be able to afford the real thing.

this hobby is very exciting :D

Hi astig,

Welcome and enjoy. Before you spend your time only reading in the archieves, here is my advice. Order the pam 111H asian movement (put it on a nice strap). Then you have a pretty nice watch while reading all the stories that are here.

thanks everyone...

but i doubt it if i can decide on my own when it is time to buy my first "GOOD" rep. i am unfortunate not to have the expensive gens around me, to hold or inspect them. :( so i hope i wont be bugging everyone if i ask how close a rep is to the gen. as i plan to get a really good rep as i know i wouldnt be able to afford the real thing.

this hobby is very exciting :D

Welcome and one more thing...here's the 'book' to have/download ReplicaWatchReport ...the light will suddenly appear and you'll go down a path where the only victim will be your wallet and the assassin's name would be...Paypal... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Alex

Hi!

I know how annoying it gets when a newbie starts a thread and asks so many questions when all he has to do is read around and use the search function. I am still in the research phase and i am having fun learning about how watches work and which are good. While I am on that stage, maybe someone with a good heart can direct to the right direction - like the really good reps. i am hoping to get a nice PAM and a rolex. I still have a lot of reading to do before i can start collecting.

I want the best panerai reps. Sadly, i dont have anyway of inspecting a gen one so i dont know if it is close enough. So i will just be relying on the experts' advice. BTW why is it called PAM not PAN?

so far i will be going with the basic 111. i am also liking the Daylight 7753 although i am unsure if i want to spend $700 this early for reps.

the IWC GST Ti also caught my eye. dont know how good a rep it is.

any good ones for the ladies?

I am glad to have stumbled upon this and want to thank the people who support this site. :)

Bin there don it... and still doin it.... and enjoying every minute of learning great info on rep's

welcome and hope you enjoy it as much as me...

yes, get the rwg report.. its my bible when i was a newbie.. and maybe if you can get your hands on Annual Watch Guide which is a book that u can find in major bookstore which can help to compare gen and rep... i have 2004,2005 and 2006 version.. :) very helpful..

and most importantly, read, read and read.. :)