When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Omega Rep is...

Anakin14

...the most spot on? I know Bytor has a pinned topic on this, but it is now 3 years old.

I don't care about the model, I just want to know from the experts which Omega rep is the most accurate (looks, functionality, etc.). It seems each rep, no matter how good or how much, always has some fatal flaws (hands too short, crown guard not quite right). Railmaster, Seamaster, PO, AquaTerra, I don't care, just let me know which is the closest to the real thing and where can it be purchased?

I would have to agree saying that if you are wanting it as close to gen as possible right out of the box you'll have to go with the standard aqua terra or railmaster. The seamasters, POs, and Speedmasters will need a little work to become very close to gen. Most will not have the best AR done though out of the box.

I would agree with Dluddly, for out of the box accuray the Railmaster is hard to beat. The Aqua Terra's are also very very good.

The UPO is agreat replica, but compared with todays replicas it is slightly lagging behind, but don't let that put you off!

Where can I find the best Railmaster rep? Currently I own a gen Aqua Terra (quartz), a hybrid SMP, and a total rep PO. I have to say, the Aqua Terra (which has a black face) is totally sublime. For such a "plain" watch, it is really flashy. I also have a gen Bulova Spaceview circa 1967 (a tuning fork watch).

I assume the Railmaster got it's name from being used by conductors on trains. Is that right? Otherwise, what the heck does the name mean?

Pictures do not do the AQ justice, especially those on Omega's website. Mine has the black laquered face and everything else is silver. In bright light it shines like a diamond. It makes a wonderful dress watch.

Yeah the Guide is 3 years old but it's regularly updated. It has been pretty silent in the Omega department lately. Besides the old version of SMP Chrono, I think UPO is still the best (and most accurate). Lack of 2x AR is the only real issue. But that can be fixed via Chief mod.

Sometimes I miss mine.

bubbles2.jpg

Yeah the Guide is 3 years old but it's regularly updated. It has been pretty silent in the Omega department lately. Besides the old version of SMP Chrono, I think UPO is still the best (and most accurate). Lack of 2x AR is the only real issue. But that can be fixed via Chief mod.

Sometimes I miss mine.

Thanks for starting/updating that thread, By-Tor.

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible for you to add a little note somewhere in the post indicating when the last update is? It'd certainly help people like me (and OP) who thought the guide was outdated.

Now that we have the tight subdial mod, there's bound to be some new Omega stuff coming in the Speedmaster line. They could also replicate that AT chrono accurately. Broad Arrow Speedmaster would be really nice too.

@Helius: All my guides (TAG, Omega and Breitling) are never outdated. Even when I'm busy with my real life, I always have the 10 minutes to keep them up to date.