When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Evaluation of EuroTimez V5 DSSD compared to my Gen.

Warrcraft

Evaluation of EuroTimez V5 DSSD compared to my Gen.

Dealer Service: I received EuroTimez V-5 DSSD about 8 days ago. The ordering went without a hitch and the communication was good as well. It took about 10 days from time of order to USPS knocking at my door (not too bad). However, the Rolex Box Set for $98.00 bucks is still not here and was requested EMS as well. Hopefully it will arrive separately and soon, and I am waiting back for an e-mail from them but it has only been a day since sent.

First off, I want members reading this to know I am PICKY but a

That sounds like an awesome rep indeed. Being you have a Gen side by and side and are still impressed, well that impresses ME. :D

How about some pics please? Side by side would really make my day, its been a rough week here. LOL!

Also if you dont mind, what was the approx. price of the rep?

I have no idea what watch you recieved from Chris BUT take a look over on repgeek. Aside from the beveled date window which is a plus no doubt my watch and all the others that have recieved one from Eurotimz came with a host of issues:

Virually no lume.

Rolex crown on clasp loose

Very poor centering of dates in date window

Gaps between end links and case lugs

Dust and smudges on dial, hands etc

Loose case back

My watch did come with a gen eta but really that is all that I can say positive about this product. One word..."sloppy". I have over 30 rep watches so I am no novice. I wrote to Chris several days ago and am still waiting on a reply.

Nice review! Thanks for taking the time to do this. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm considering this watch, but the Asian 21j version as they are supposed to be identical in parts other than the movement. Anyone have any experience with the version with the Asian 21j movement?

Also, does anyone know if the version on Joshua's site Perfect Clones is V5? I can't tell by the pics.

Thanks!

:drinks:

Without pictures difficult to make an assesment of the watch certainly all the other reveiws are not as complimentery as this one. Also worth mentioning there is some talk that the watch listed on Ebay may have been a copy as well at least that appears to be the general opinion on RG that the watch on Ebay is a V3. Don't know if thats true or not but a lot of people are saying it

Mine should be here from Eurotimez next week. Communication from Chris so far has been spot on, lets just hope the watch is the business! Good to hear it appears to be so close to the gen. Would love to see some side by side pic's, had the gen in my hand the other day and the first thing that i noticed was how shiny the bracelet was. Good review. Thanks

It is hard to decide on the V5. There are good and bad opinions in both RWG and RG forums. To me, it seems that the quality consistency of V5 is still not there yet. So, it is your luck whether you will get a good or bad piece picked by the shipper. Not until this issue is resolved, I think a lot of members are holding back their orders for the V5.

ok, the situation:

1) seems to me that Warrcraft not have a great desire to leave a response (preferably with pics);

2) seems that this v5 is becoming too "particular", a single dealer... too many bad versions and bad stories... too many unknowns;

in conclusion... not buy these v5 before Chris/Eurotimez, the only dealer of this v5 (???), clarify some doubts on versions and variants of the v5.

ok, the situation:

1) seems to me that Warrcraft not have a great desire to leave a response (preferably with pics);

2) seems that this v5 is becoming too "particular", a single dealer... too many bad versions and bad stories... too many unknowns;

in conclusion... not buy these v5 before Chris/Eurotimez, the only dealer of this v5 (???), clarify some doubts on versions and variants of the v5.

I was referring to the fact that some members of repgeek said his gen deepsea for sale on Ebay might have been a replica. I don't want to assume anything but maybe it should be looked into as this is a BIG NO NO I have learned from experience that people do dumb things with their reps ie: post them on Gen forums but maybe we should look into the fact that there may be some truth to the claims that there was an attempt to sell a rep as a Gen, I would hope that Warrcraft could chime in and clear it up as he seems to be an active member here at RWG. I am by no means trying to stir the pot as they say I just happened to be following the thread on RG and RWG came up.

I was referring to the fact that some members of repgeek said his gen deepsea for sale on Ebay might have been a replica. I don't want to assume anything but maybe it should be looked into as this is a BIG NO NO I have learned from experience that people do dumb things with their reps ie: post them on Gen forums but maybe we should look into the fact that there may be some truth to the claims that there was an attempt to sell a rep as a Gen, I would hope that Warrcraft could chime in and clear it up as he seems to be an active member here at RWG. I am by no means trying to stir the pot as they say I just happened to be following the thread on RG and RWG came up.

@Dandonnelly I was referring in general to the situation that emerged around the v5 and not in the particular case "ebay" or not "ebay" ...