When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

brand new beginmariner is a total mess!

simzger

hello,

i just got a beginmariner from TT and it's a total mess. the seconds hand jumps like crazy. about 10 times per minute it just jumps an entire second instead of making a like 6 beats per second.

it's acting like totally on drugs. a minute is only like 50 seconds!

is it possible that i messed it up? i only set the date and the time, like i a always do it.

what should i do? should i send it back to andrew?

that would suck, though. that would take time til i get it back....dammit. maybe i should swap movements with my crapmariner from kuala lumpur.

check out the video and pay attention to the seconds hand:

regards

simzger

PS Edit: I don't wanna talk bad about andrew, he has given me great service so far....however i think this should have gotten better quality check.

PS Edit 2: seems like the erroneous seconds hand has a repeating pattern....check it out. it goes well for 5 secends, then takes 2 huge jumps, then goes well for 5 secs, 2 big jumps.....and so on

Edited by simzger

I ordered a YM with white dial and asian 21j movement from Andrew a couple of weeks ago. It was Dead On Arrival. I emailed Andrew and asked what to do. He said he would reship. The second watch arrived today and it's doing fine.

You should email Andrew the youtube video- I don't know what's wrong, but it surely isn't right.

hello,

i just got a beginmariner from TT and it's a total mess. the seconds hand jumps like crazy. about 10 times per minute it just jumps an entire second instead of making a like 6 beats per second.

it's acting like totally on drugs. a minute is only like 50 seconds!

is it possible that i messed it up? i only set the date and the time, like i a always do it.

what should i do? should i send it back to andrew?

that would suck, though. that would take time til i get it back....dammit. maybe i should swap movements with my crapmariner from kuala lumpur.

check out the video and pay attention to the seconds hand:

regards

simzger

PS Edit: I don't wanna talk bad about andrew, he has given me great service so far....however i think this should have gotten better quality check.

PS Edit 2: seems like the erroneous seconds hand has a repeating pattern....check it out. it goes well for 5 secends, then takes 2 huge jumps, then goes well for 5 secs, 2 big jumps.....and so on

I'm in Zimgers boat now. I ordered a beginmariner and a corvus bond strap last week. Both arrived today and I was excited when I got home. Watch was the M series not the F but I could live with that I was hoping for it. I took it out of the plastic, set the date and time and tried to screw in the crown and it took forever, bad start but hey may be a fluke. Then I sat back to look at the beauty. Then I saw it. The exact same problem Zimger has I am now looking at it. WTF!!!! And I didnt even order this one from the same dealer. Im going to contact the dealer perhaps he'll be gracious enough to drop one in the mail so I dont have to wait to send one back and then receive one. He's been good to me so far so lets see what happens. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening.

After multiple exchanges my guy has come through and said send it back. So now Ill have to wait another 10-15 days before I even see a replacement and Ill have to spend another 15-20 bucks to send it back. I don't know about anyone else here but this really pisses me off and I dont want to hear thats the way it is. Screw that you buy something you should get a working product if its faulty and you have to pay to send it back your account should be credited for another purchase or the difference should be refunded. And I dont care what the dealer has to pay to send you a new one (thats faulty logic) he should have sent you a product that worked in the for GD place. Can you tell how angry I am.

edited for bad words. my apologies

Edited by Coeuss