When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 PerpetuaL watches

Stiggie

I recently discovered (thanks to a topic on rwi) a small chinese company making great and reliable genuine watches for around 120$/160$. The company is called PerpetuaL and they even have some flying tourbillons. (which are of course priced higher)

Both watches are 40mm

42 Hours Power Reserve

Have been in intensive checking & screening processes

Scratch Proof Sapphire Crystal / Anti-Glare Coating

Calfskin leather strap

Also like the fact it comes with 2 Year warranty.

This first one is the Retrograde. I have been wearing it a lot and got a lot of compliments! It has 2 retrograde second hands. the one on the right 0-30 sec the one on the left 31-60. its great watching them zip back to the start and the next one take over. it also has an independently settable second time zone @12. Both watches have been keeping great time all day.

P1010727.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P1010758.jpg

P1010730.jpg

P1010717.jpg

P1010787.jpg

P1010777.jpg

The second watch is the Regulator with SeaGull ST1711 movement:

P1010698copy.jpg

P1010702copy.jpg

P1010706copy.jpg

P1010634bcopy.jpg

P1010604copy.jpg

Stiggie.

Edited by Stiggie

haha ok, but thats the max so in general it should even perform better

also the 2 years warranty and the extra sillicone rubber strap makes me a happy bunny :p;)

Good value for money!

Stiggie.

Edited by Stiggie

@Corgi -- that's exactly what i was thinking...i've seen these models in Breguet, Chronoswiss and an older style ALS...probably the same manufacturer...

if you want similar with a branded name, for approx $90-120usd check out watcheden.com and look under Breguet, Chronoswiss...these used to also be on cqout and ioffer...

R-

I'm still undecided if I'd prefer to go for an unbranded but really good looking watch or if I'd rather have a rep of good quality but medium accuracy.

I'm seriously thinking that I might order one or even both of the watches in this thread, either way!

I'm just awaiting a reply from the site re: any customs issues and any discounts... ;)

I'm still undecided if I'd prefer to go for an unbranded but really good looking watch or if I'd rather have a rep of good quality but medium accuracy.

I'm seriously thinking that I might order one or even both of the watches in this thread, either way!

I'm just awaiting a reply from the site re: any customs issues and any discounts... ;)

Nothing wrong with that bro. I wear Invicta and it's not that bad although it's not branded. I wear it for the style and it looks nice. I could definitely see myself wearing one of these, nice find dude. I'm definitely putting this on my must buy list.

Hi all,

wear them well my friend :)

about the retro grade secs watch:

this is a nice watch for the price! they have them on the bay for around $80-120 if i'm not mistaken, they come with various of brand "names" on them.

i've got a "louis bolle" tri-retrograde seconds- got it on the bay for $70 shipped international which is considerably cheap.

im not a "cheap faux brand name" type of watch person, but the finish on what i've got is pretty good.

the 3 sub retrograde second hands sweeps smooth, each sweeps for 20 seconds of a minute. after the first scale sweeped for 20 secs, it fly back and the next one sweeps another 20 secs, then the third..etc etc..

really nice looking complication, even though flyback complications has the risk factor of having them f#cked up.

of course it doesnt have a high-end movement (it's a TY indead) but so far it works well and a good value for only $70 shipped. (knock on wood)

db

• 3 weeks later...

Recently shot another wristshot! So here it is... B)

p1010815w.jpg

Nice quote on watchuseek about the perpetual watches:

On another thread I had described my experiences with this watchmaker's watches which have been incredibly good. A poster noted that this was useful information so I thought I'd start this main thread to talk about their watches. Here are my thoughts on them and their products.

1- I have collected swiss watches for over a decade and recently became interested in chinese watches. Having accumulated too many swiss watches, I now have too many chinese ones, I have one of everything. Perpetual-watches.com service and products are the closest to the quality and features I had become accustomed to in a swiss product.

2- Details of what I mean by that: I believe all (or most) come with true sapphire crystals, not mineral crystals. This is more expensive and the crystals can withstand more force and with anti-reflective coating produce an amazing affect. The perpetual-watch.com chronograph crystal is beautiful in this regard.

3- Straps: all of the watch straps on these watches are awesome. They are either an excellent quality leather strap on the less expensive models and alligator on the chronograph for example. The strap alone costs what most of this watch would cost me in the US. So I don't have to change the strap right away on the watch, I instead enjoy it. Plus he often gives a free rubber strap.

4- Deployant- The deployant on the watches is top-quality, near swiss-quality. No sharp edges, push-button, etc. Very high quality, no throw-away like so many.

5- Case: The cases don't have sharp edges and are extremely well finished and polished. Very high quality.

6- Dial: The dials are absolutely amazing. I don't know how they do what they do for the cost. They have an engine turning technique that is incredible and beautiful, ultra clean dials. Just exceptional, again much more like a multi-thousand dollar swiss watch.

7- Hands: Once again, zero disappointment, these hands are far and above beyond the quality I am used to seeing in chinese watches. The stainless steel sword hands on the chronograph are stunning

8- Crowns-- once again, well polished and easy to use, not sharp.

9- Movements and Complications-- the seller has unique watches with interesting mechnaical complications. His regulator watch is an amazing value and the chronograph is a fantastic implementation of the seagul venus movement. The movements are heavily tested and go through an involved quality control process before they are used, cased, and before they are shipped (the watchmaker explained to me what he does, its also on their website)

10- Warranty and shipping-- the seller ships 3 day, I still don't know how he affords to do all this given what he sells. He gives a 2 year warranty and insists on paying return shipping if you have a problem. The communication and passion from this seller makes him one of the top 3 sellers I have dealt with in my decade of watch collecting.

Edited by Stiggie

The above is good - but I'm just disappointed that the seller chose to go off on one when I asked a simple question in an email...

I've posted about it elsewhere on the board, if you want to look. I'm just sad because I really did want these watches and now I don't particularly want to give someone with such an attitude any of my hard earned money.

If you're looking to sell though, Stiggie... ;)

Edited by Member X

• 2 years later...

I have had Regulator R-01 two days now. I am not qualified to say much else, than that I like it. I wish it was smaller (than 41mm) though.

Glashütte has a very similar regulator, which hasn't been replicated as far as I know. I am happier with a genuine Perpetual anyway.

Good communication from the manufacturer, choice of strap colours and fast shipping.

http://www.perpetual-watch.com/regulator.html