When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A New Aquaracer?

Just came ocross this at the TAG website

i personally like it, wonder when its gona be repped

i was in a rush so sorry i couldn't upload any pics, but u can check it out through this link

there are other color combinations including rose gold, my favourite!

here's the link to the catalog

cheers

Is that a 500M watch? I have to ask as I'm not 100% sure- The dial and end link engraving for the rubber strap might seem to give the impression that it is, but it needs to state 500M in at least 6 other locations on the case/dial/strap before one can really claim legitimacy :)

Okay, all kidding aside- This is indeed a very nice looking piece. The dial is perhaps a bit busy, but no more so than the SMP300 or even Sub with all the text on the surface, wave patterns, etc.

My pref for this one would be for the bracelet, since it omits the depth rating claim redundancy, but I could possibly see myself buying one. It's not too ostentatious, and looks pretty solid with pleasing aesthetic angles.

Ah, the "rubber-clad", not that new in fact. Personally I hate it with a passion. A destro dial on a non-destro case puts my OCD into overdrive, and all that texturing, eeeuwww! :yuk:

Looks a dog in the flesh too, cheap on rubber (with that cheesy 500m endlink), and odd on bracelet.

I much prefer the new and limited-production COSC Aquaracer, the grey dial version of which is now in my collection together with its Aquagraph 'daddy'....

caf5011ba0815.jpg

Ah, the "rubber-clad", not that new in fact. Personally I hate it with a passion. A destro dial on a non-destro case puts my OCD into overdrive, and all that texturing, eeeuwww! :yuk:

I am with you, I really like TH design, but this time they went too far. Too many rubber clads, too many un-matching texture, and I really don't like the cyclop. It's the Pontiac Aztek by TH. :D

01_PontiacAztek_Pic1.jpg

So Doc... when are we going to see pics of that grey beauty?

Must be quite a watch. I love my date-only version with passion. There's just something quite unique about the Aquaracer case shape.

i went to the AD yesterday too and they didn't have it either

he gave what he thought was the newest catalog, and it didn't have it in it too

i just love it when i walk into an AD and start talking like an expert untill the employee there gets the manager to cuz he doesn't understand everything im saying, then the manager starts givin me free catalogs of every brand he's got, although i tell them from the minute i walk in that im not here to make a purchase, just a few questions!!

all of that because of the knlowledge i gained from hangin out here!!

thx RWG!

Too new for the catalog.

The watch was just introduced in Basel 2009.

The black bezel, black dial version is very cool.

It will probably be repped eventually, but not for a while.

Still when it is internationally available...BT WILL own one. I look forward to his review.

So Doc... when are we going to see pics of that grey beauty?

Must be quite a watch. I love my date-only version with passion. There's just something quite unique about the Aquaracer case shape.

Some day soon, BT, I promise. Waiting for my Leica to come back from hospital, required to do it justice.

She is a beauty though, same gorgeous case, but a really lovely anthracite dial with that eye-catching silver 9 subdial. I kind of got bored with my black dial rep, especially since I have an Aquagraph. And as you know well, the blue dial is a bit off with the gen, even if I prefer the rep shade. So this grey dial is perfect, even if it's a little busier what with the tachy scale. COSC spec is just the icing on the cake.

I am with you, I really like TH design, but this time they went too far. Too many rubber clads, too many un-matching texture, and I really don't like the cyclop. It's the Pontiac Aztek by TH. :D

01_PontiacAztek_Pic1.jpg

Ha ha that 'vehicle' is a great comparison. Agree the cyclops is a bad move - they last used it over well over 10 years ago on the 6000 series, god knows what possessed them to dig it out again.

Also not sure why they've messed with the classic 'Racer case design, a bit too angular, Genta-esque almost, and those bolts on the bezel look a bit HBB-ish, you know a bit like anti-theft screws in airport toilets....not exactly my first choice of style when considering a new timepiece :lol:

;) in my opinion of course

Yeah I went into Tourneau tonight before dinner and was not impressed. I was hoping I would have been impressed enough to consider getting one but I was not that impressed. It's nice but so are a lot of other watches. It just didint look anything special.

I did try on a Concord C1, and a Bell and Ross which ive only ever seen pictures of. I left with one watch I liked a LOT. It was a Hamilton X-Wind, though online prices are considerably less then the store. I went in primarily to see the new aquaracer, and got to try on the quartz and auto versions but left happy to be leaving still wearing my Tag REP Chrono Carrera. Hard to beat the Chrono Carrera, possibly only equalled or betered by the day/date chrono Aquaracer :p