When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DLC 196

This 196 project took awhile to completed and a lot of $$$, and still not really finished, but here some teasers.

All of the pictures taken on an angle to avoid crazy reflection. I got a Chief Double AR crystal and lost it (yes, I don't know where it is after I got it back from Chief)...... And we know the crappy AR on Pam rep... So now I have to wait for Chief next AR coating and pray I can get on the list again.

I've decided to use the SS crown instead of the DLC crown, I am also thinking of switching out the two chrono pusher to SS also, thinking...

And still need to find a suitable strap and send in the DLC coated buckle to strap maker...

Paint the chrono second hand red or just the tip instead of entire hand.

The ultimate goal for this 196 is to look the way I like, not as close to gen as possible.

Parts:

Old case, Hamilton 7753 movt, Lello DW.

DLC and bezel painting done by Avitt. What an awesome job and gentleman to work with. Thank you Avitt.

7753 movt installed by Vaclume as well as dial relume. Vac did an amazing job, it was not an easy swap. Thank you Vac.

Some crappy pictures, here they are:

dsc01111h.jpg

dsc01113u.jpg

dsc01114m.jpg

dsc01115.jpg

dsc01116i.jpg

dsc01117uxd.jpg

Looks great! But not sure about the SS crown though... The contrast works for the caseback, but it kind of sticks out when the crown is a relatively small part and is surrounded by the DLC'd case/bezel, pushers, CG, etc.

None the less, a very nice and very unique 196! Very cool!

:)

I would probably will switch to DLC crown once I got tired of the SS crown. I still want to switch out the chrono pusher to SS, maybe that will spread the contrast out more evenly.

Avitt, you've done awesome job, the missing paint added more character to the caseback :)

Beautiful work. And I agree with the rest on the crown. Awesome project man would love to see the hammy movement.

Thank you everyone. This project had been the most satisfying project so far for me :)

The hammy :)

dsc01132s.jpg

a crappy lume shot with no extended exposure... The lume is unbelievable in person...

dsc01134f.jpg

Macro shot of the lume... Vac did an amazing job.

dsc01137o.jpg

dsc01138nav.jpg

And anyone in the US that wanted a DLC service... no doubt in my mind Avitt will exceed all your expectation of his DLC coating service :)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Afraid-Dark-don-t-h-t98359.html

WOW!!!

Beautiful watch and project... reminds me of mine ina way, but unique... I really like how your bezel came out compared to mine... I think maybe they went a little hard on the sandblasting and the edges of the engraving rounded slightly...

Here's a few of mine I did a few years back:

img0973resizeqc5.jpg

img0983resizegu3.jpg

Hey swdivad! Where have you been my friend? Still remember Quarks? He will be headed back down-under in a couple of weeks.

Beautiful 196 DLCs!! :)

!!!

Of course I do... Chatted with him several weeks back... looking forward ;)