When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel Discovery Quandry....

Steve52

i waffle on this decision myself...i feel the panda is sporty elegance...but the black - being monotone in dial color - is understated elegance...someday i'll get both...but i'm leaning toward the black first...but a lot depends on the other horses in your stable and how this watch will fit in...think of what you have and what's on your wishlist and then decide...black first, followed by panda for me...

and those that know me, know i've been a HUGE panda fan...By-Tor's great pix will definitely sway you!...but check out some of the Ebel posts as more members have posted pix of the black dial...it's quite the looker, too...

here's a post with a great wristies of the black version (thanks, Slask!): Slask's black dial Discovery post

R-

Thanks for the replys so far! :clap: Currently I have the BTR (black), Omega UPO (black), and Breitling SHO (black). Lots of black!

I'm leaning on the Panda too, but the wifey likes the black. :bangin: That's why I'm thinking of getting them both and selling one of them (or...secretly keeping them both!).

Hey BT, I've seen those pics and read your review a few times. Awesome job!!! I know, I know, the Panda seems to be the popular choice here. And I do need/want a white dial in my collection. I'm just drawn to those red hands and black face. Maybe she won't notice and I'll just keep them both!

Or..... :blowup:

By-Tor's advice on Ebel's is right-on...think of the BTR and the Discovery...and then decide...

Sixx and I are mirrored collectors...he has the black BTR and the panda Discovery...i have the white BTR and plan to get the black Discovery...

decisions, decisions.........................

I think it's also an issue about white dial... most members have lots of black dial watches. White dials are never flashy. "Understated" is a big clich

Thanks BT. Before I found this forum and started buying reps I wore a white dial Citizen Stars & Stripes for about 10 years. I had never had a black dial watch, now I have four. I do want a white face, so the panda Discovery is the one!

Thanks for your help!