When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you prefer to pay? Choice of payment?

How do you feel about CC payments in the rep world?

I just posted this to a different thread, but here it is again: PayPal has a web tool which generates a single use only Mastercard CC number for you to use. To a merchant, it's a Mastercard number, but if it's stolen or abused .. it won't work since it was only valid for the single use of your legitimate purchase.

It's called the PayPal browser plug-in

Credit cards I don't worry about as (at least with AmEx) their fraud protection is first rate...never had an issue.

Jkay has it down pat- Bank of America also offers a similar tool for their credit cards ( I use this while shopping online).

Also- I've got a separate Blue Cash card I use only for online purchases.... allows one to budget and limits the risk associated with using only one credit card...miles/cash with AmEx are fully transferable so it's not an issue on that front.

Credit cards I don't worry about as (at least with AmEx) their fraud protection is first rate...never had an issue.

Jkay has it down pat- Bank of America also offers a similar tool for their credit cards ( I use this while shopping online).

Speaking of Me and AMEX .. I received a phone call from a merchant in Texas a couple of years ago .. someone was trying to charge an entire solar panel array for their home on my AMEX ... LOL ... wasn't funny at the time ;)

I just posted this to a different thread, but here it is again: PayPal has a web tool which generates a single use only Mastercard CC number for you to use. To a merchant, it's a Mastercard number, but if it's stolen or abused .. it won't work since it was only valid for the single use of your legitimate purchase.

It's called the PayPal browser plug-in

Thank you for this, I never knew that!