When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New model 7750 aquatimers out now!

importr

I think I like both! but we can't be greedy now, can we????! ;)

Would be keen to see the bracelet for these...

So here's the gen in black

http://www.rruegger.ch/images/iwc_aquatime...ograph_dial.jpg

quick checklist:

the bezel is laminated? yes

the dial is raised in the centre? yes but not as sharp as gen

satin sheen on dial? NO, the rep is dull

hands, shape & length? yes

bezel finger grips scalloped/rounded inside? NO the rep is cut square!

OK...when is the v2 model due out?! ROFL!! just joking

Unfortunately no AR on the rep. At least that's what it seems from the pics.

When it's all said and done...there will be AR on this one...I'm sure of it. This will not be part of their $100 cheap series...this will be a high priced, well made rep...I'm pretty sure on that.

LOL! I totally overlooked those glaring flaws!!

They must be hastily rushed out.

I remember Angus used to ask for feedback about new super rep prototypes before they came out, in particular the 2006 Cousteau.

REP MAKERS: Please sort this out!!

Yeah...the subdial colour on the blue is a big one. That's funny that the blue dial also has the "Schaffhausen" in the wrong sized font relative to the date window. The word lines up with the edges of the date window on the blue, but extends properly PAST the window on the black.

Here's what I have done:

I bought the quartz version (the blue and orange one). It's on my wrtist as I type this. :p The subdials on the quartz are better than on the 7750 version from King. I will enjoy wearing it this summer on holiday as it keeps perfect time.

Then when all the flaws are corrected, I will decide if I want to pay a couple of hunderd bucks for V2. V3 or a V4 7750 version.

I am not sure, but it looks to me that IWC has changed the rubber straps on the Aquatimer.

I'm not sure why the rep makers don't make the non chrono versions.. they do it on purpose though I'm sure.. It's a shame. Aside from the Black rubber covered (Galapagos edition) chrono I like this non chrono quite abit.. Relume on the bezels are going to be a nightmare if they are covered already arent they!?

AT%2004.jpg

Here's what I have done:

I bought the quartz version (the blue and orange one). It's on my wrtist as I type this. :p The subdials on the quartz are better than on the 7750 version from King. I will enjoy wearing it this summer on holiday as it keeps perfect time.

Then when all the flaws are corrected, I will decide if I want to pay a couple of hunderd bucks for V2. V3 or a V4 7750 version.

I am not sure, but it looks to me that IWC has changed the rubber straps on the Aquatimer.

Not really my cup of tea - don't really hold up well design-wise to the CD 2006 and AT Slevin.

Also, no bracelet is a bit of a deal-breaker.

Watch Eden has these in quartz, and one is a quartz chrono in black/orange with steel bracelet. They also have the all pvd black Galapogos Island version in quartz chrono. They have their flaws for sure, but they look great and at under $130, they are a cheap way to get one on your wrist to see if it is right for you. Personally, I think these are fantastic, and hopefully one will be in my future later on this year.

Cheers B)

Not really my cup of tea - don't really hold up well design-wise to the CD 2006 and AT Slevin.

Also, no bracelet is a bit of a deal-breaker.

Same here... The Slevin has a brilliant design IMHO and the new aquatimer is just different... not my cup of tea. I