When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6497 stopped working

rob_00

I have a DSN PAM177h with a ar/swiss 6497 movement. Being a careless fool i managed to drop it when I wa sgetting changed at the gym. It fell about 1foot onto a hard surface. Initially the seconds hand kept moving but when i checked it a few minutes later, it had stopped.

what kind of damaged will i of done and how easy/expensive will it be to fix? I have emailed TRC since he is also UK based

I have only had the watch one week, not even got my new straps for it yet!

sometimes i wish i had spent that

broken spring,pinion......open the back and gently wiggle the watch if the spring is rotating that should be ok, shifted gears can also be the cause.Take some pics of the movement, there is a lot of knowledge out here

I dont think i will be able to open it up but i will post some pics of the movement a bit later in case anyone can spot what is wrong

my watch will never be subject to mistreatment again!

From the bottom picture I would say you have broken the balance staff.

I don't see a shadow below the arm on the balance wheel (the one at the 2 oclock position), that tells me that the staff is broken or bent, there should be a shadow between the balance and the pallet cover.

Have a watchmaker sort it out for you.

I don't see a shadow below the arm on the balance wheel (the one at the 2 oclock position), that tells me that the staff is broken or bent, there should be a shadow between the balance and the pallet cover.

:huh:

What a good eye! :)

Yes, the arm seems to touch the bottom plate.

Francisco

anyone in the UK or EU who can help?

Look up member Bricciola, who is in EU. Has rave reviews from longtime members like Yellowmen. There is a thread about him as well.

The Zigmeister has mentioned many times he's never had problems with customs as well, so you have 2 options.

Edited by Chronus

Look up member Bricciola, who is in EU. Has rave reviews from longtime members like Yellowmen. There is a thread about him as well.

The Zigmeister has mentioned many times he's never had problems with customs as well, so you have 2 options.

thanks, i got it sent off this morning to Bricciola :)

i hope its quick and cheap. lol