When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my TUDOR BB Heritage from PureTime

jex

It´s 373 to 388 USD shipped to EU. Too pricey just for the looks if the quality often is bad and You are not sure what You get. Exactly my point, this is no issue when You spend something like 150 You have to accept it ok, You might even buy a 2nd but not for almost 400 usd (800 if it´s 2). Glad to find some other people thinking like me. because most say it´s reps what do you expect....

Had to order the BB anyway, it just looks so good, lots of them had no issues, hope that mine will be fine and hope not to spend this amount on other simple Asian moves in the future.

It´s 373 to 388 USD shipped to EU. Too pricey just for the looks if the quality often is bad and You are not sure what You get. Exactly my point, this is no issue when You spend something like 150 You have to accept it ok, You might even buy a 2nd but not for almost 400 usd (800 if it´s 2). Glad to find some other people thinking like me. because most say it´s reps what do you expect....

Had to order the BB anyway, it just looks so good, lots of them had no issues, hope that mine will be fine and hope not to spend this amount on other simple Asian moves in the future.

I really thought that for that price i'll get a nice working watch, perhaps i had no luck but for sure next time it will be a gen

Was not going to go Gen on this one but with all the problems guys are having may have to.

The watch is not bad really ,well finished and does have a gen like feel in the flesh, but with the usual (rep) problems that go with this hobby my view is, ok gens are high priced and in my opinion not worth the money for a wrist watch, but with these rep prices pushing up to 400usd shipped with asian movement i expect a watch that actually works and in sound condition , and not have parts falling off,  ok i dont expect it to go down to 200 mtr depths 

My BB looks super and working well now after my repair and service although it should not need such work when it is a brand new watch despite these problems the watch compares well to the gen even though there big price difference  i would suggest owners with movement problems to drop in a gen 2824-2 ETA the watch deserves it !!!

This thread was an interesting read, sadly more and more cases such as this deter me from dealing with the trusted dealers. The m2m sales, reams of threads and advice are such a save for which we have RWG to thank! Imagine this dilema without anyone to consult!!

Hope your crown comes through ok bud.

This is why people shouldn't complain about profiteering when they buy m2m. Buying from china is a gamble. If I win my bet and get a perfect rep, I should be able to charge what I want for doing your QC

What a thoughtful and insightful post.  :bangin:

Maybe I should start charging for answering peoples' questions on the forums about mods. After all, I did the work first, I should be able to charge what I want for sharing my knowledge.

Oh wait.

That's right.

This is a hobby we all share, and we all are supposed to be in it out of enjoyment.

If you want to make money reselling watches, be a dealer. Otherwise, pass along your good fortune to another member and let them enjoy the rep. Is the $50 or $100 you would make on the sale really going to change your life? Does it matter to you? No, it probably doesn't, so don't be a tool.

This thread was an interesting read, sadly more and more cases such as this deter me from dealing with the trusted dealers. The m2m sales, reams of threads and advice are such a save for which we have RWG to thank! Imagine this dilema without anyone to consult!!

M2M is no guarantee of a good outcome either. I just bought a Black Bay that looks perfect, but the movement stops randomly after 3-4 hours. 

Jex

Sad to say that this is just part of the rep game, now if you are in the EU I volunteer to fix this for you when you get the new crown for nothing more that the price of postage back to you, I may even be able to repair the old crown so there will be a spare in case some one needs one

• Like 2

M2M is no guarantee of a good outcome either. I just bought a Black Bay that looks perfect, but the movement stops randomly after 3-4 hours. 

Mine had the same problem and I had to send it back to China. If it ever comes back I am going to put a swiss heart in it.

• 4 weeks later...

update from puretime :

Dear Sir 

We are sorry ,we have tried to get the parts ,sir .But still no result .The part of the watch were imported from other countries ,so it's hard for us to search for it ,the maker has no extra part now ,pls send the watch back ,the maker said that they will dismantle one from other watch and set it in your watch ,so pls send the watch back ,sir .Sorry for let you wait for too long time .

So basically they can take the crown from another watch but can't send it to me.

I feel like i'll never see it again...

update from puretime :

Dear Sir 

We are sorry ,we have tried to get the parts ,sir .But still no result .The part of the watch were imported from other countries ,so it's hard for us to search for it ,the maker has no extra part now ,pls send the watch back ,the maker said that they will dismantle one from other watch and set it in your watch ,so pls send the watch back ,sir .Sorry for let you wait for too long time .

So basically they can take the crown from another watch but can't send it to me.

I feel like i'll never see it again...

If you send the watch back, they will likely not fix your watch and return it, they are more likely to send you an identical watch in replacement, and likely return the faulty watch to their suppliers... Sorry to read of your troubles, and hope you have a good resolution to this issue :good::drinks:

I had problems with 3 out of 4 of my last reps shipped from TD's. Never had an issue with M2M sales.

Ferrari rep had misaligned crown tube. SOSFv2 date wouldn't change over automatically, Omega hands were touching and time stopped same time every day. Costing me over $400 to get this stuff fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

little update of my troubles.

I finally decided to have it fixed in EU; fxrAndy proposed to do it for me as puretime is not going to send me the crown like they said they'll do.

I asked for a partial refund to Puretime and they only propose me a 5% discount on my next order. 

Something is sure, i won't place any other order from them.

Please chose your dealer wisely...