When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are all rep chrono movements 7750?

sebvad

Still pretty new at this obviously.  I've got 4 reps now - one of which is a breitling super avenger chrono with the 7750 movement. I'm reading that apparently that's a time bomb waiting to happen, although i've had it for 4 years and it's fantastic.  I'd bought it from Toro - and in looking at all his breitlings that are chronos all of them have the 7750 movement.  my question, then - are all chrono rep movements 7750, or are there better (i.e. more stable) alternatives?

Some Moonies and some Daytona have the st-19 hand wind chrono movement in them.

It seems to be a pretty reliable movement with a few exceptions.

Recently there have been "click" spring breakage problems associated with them.(including my moonie) :angry2:

If it's kept great time for 4 years, you've answered your own question.

well, that's an N=1, which doesn't really a trend make.  I may have gotten a fantastic one, but i'm getting the feeling that, on average, the 7750's may be problematic.  The question i'm looking to answer is are there other chrono movements in the rep work that are alternates to the 7750 that may be more reliable, which is the direction flyr moved (thanks mate). 

• 2 weeks later...