When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BR01-94 Released

lanikai

Made with not one but TWO gens as a sample!!!! lol ;)

I likey ... but it needs more straps as options. brushed SS with some form of brown/tan wristband would be amazing. I'd like to see it on various shades of brown to decide.

*noob question alert!*

So, it has a "First of its kind Movt. Same Configuration as Eta 2894, High Beat 28.8k and working regulator" with the seconds at 3.

Is this an entirely new movement then? An ETA2894 clone?

Is this the first seconds-at-3 movement?

I know a lot (all?) of the previous reps had incorrect subdials due to not being able to do seconds at 3...

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
lol... 2 Gens as sample....

Unfortunately, while staring at those 2 gens, they failed to get the spelling correct: on the back it seems to read "MILITARY SPES.", instead of the correct "MILITARY SPEC".

I always wonder how they make those watches...

if you have a gen, why wouldn't you just copy it using "wax copies" of every single part?

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring this up again - but i'm looking for a BR01 - which one is the closest to the Gen - i've noticed they've mis-spelt the back - but have they managed to do the hex screws for strap properly or are they still fakes?

I was at an AD and the stainless version was a beaut!

any help appreciated

Cheers

lol... 2 Gens as sample....

Unfortunately, while staring at those 2 gens, they failed to get the spelling correct: on the back it seems to read "MILITARY SPES.", instead of the correct "MILITARY SPEC".

I must be the stereo effect they go from looking at both of them simultaneously. :bangin:

It also looks like they're tried to remove the screw (the one with the pointer toward it) and they managed to strip it.

As far as the movement is concerned, it appears to be similar to the one they did for the PO chrono, with tucked in sub-dials, except it has seconds running at 3 instead of 9.

Take a look at the date window, it appears to suffer from that sunken feeling that most mods suffer from.

Sorry to bring this up again - but i'm looking for a BR01 - which one is the closest to the Gen - i've noticed they've mis-spelt the back - but have they managed to do the hex screws for strap properly or are they still fakes?

As far as I'm aware, all BR chrono models are too thick compared to the Gen, due to the space needed for the extra gearing needed to replicate the chrono functions. They are noticeably thicker.

Asking which is closest to Gen ... well ... none of them ;) Just buy one you really like! I bought a Quartz powered model to get the nice slim case.