When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My collection after a year at RWG

slask111

Heya all,

I thought it was time to present the current collection after a year here at RWG.

I started off with a TAG Carrera from Josh along with the Link. The carrera i sold though and got the UPO instead. Sold that as well and got the DSN Pam. During a trip in Thailand this spring i got the 2 MBK`s. Not sure about thoose two but they look good in the box.

Now after some time here i feel that i know what i want in a watch. Takes some time and money to find out though. I guess thats why its a hobby :)

Ok time for some pics:

Rainer 6` watchbox. Quality and looks are great. Now its finaly filled as well.

img0950i.jpg

img0948w.jpg

Inex quartz.

Swedish brand. First (and only) gen watch i have bought. I keep it for sentimental reasons but dont wear it.

img0978jcp.jpg

TAG Link

Bought from Josh in 2008. A-7750. A sad story behind this. Was sent to K222 for double AR and DW swap. Never got that sorted out due to his scamming but he actually sent the watch back to me. I was one of the lucky few. I have used it maybe 40 days and have had to get 3 bracelets for it (no QC J/bad qual/unlucky). Now the second hand wont reset to 12h marker. So i dont use it but i have plans to AR/DW/fix second hand problem cause it deserves it. I will win this battle! ;)

img0974q.jpg

MBK PAM Regatta(?).

A-7750. Bought this in a stall in MBK mall this spring. Dont wear it cause it cant compare to the DSN 104 i also have.

img0997.jpg

MBK IWC Aquatimer

A-7750. Bought at the same time in MBK mall as the PAM. I cinda like it but it got a few QC issues so i dont wear it. Again this cant stack up to the Link or 1911, but it looks good in the watchbox.

img1000.jpg

DSN 104

I just love it. Not modded. Got a couple of straps for it but mainly use this black vintage strap from V with a GPF-Mod dep. buckle (replica).

img0963j.jpg

Ebel 1911.

Bought from Josh in early 2009. My daily beater. Great AR. Quality and feel is outstanding. Also its a plus that its almost 1:1 to the gen. No mods needed i will just enjoy it. Actually this watch is so good that i feel happy with my collection, im content :)

img0967hyx.jpg

Conclusion after a year: I dont know anything anymore. And im broke. But im happy. I got a DSN PAM and a Ebel and that covers 99% of all watch needs i have (at the moment). And through RWG i have meet new friends and contacts. And learned alot of the world of replicas. I will probably stay here for a long time. Btw if you want the MBK`s pm me an offer ;)

Goal: Gen PO!

Have a great summer! cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

just FYI the two reps you bought in Thailand (Panerai and IWC) do not have the A7750 movement - they rather have a cheap asian 21j movement and are pretty innacurate reps (there are much better versions of the same watches by our dealers - I hope you haven't payed more than 50$ for each one of those)..

all in all, you have some nice pieces...keep collecting!

Ditto what capice said. That Ebel is so cool... I have to restrain myself that I don't buy the black version too.

Excellent collection. And I've always said that people should learn to enjoy what they HAVE... and not always looking for something new and "better".

I had pretty much the same goal as you... get all the watches I ever wanted and just enjoy the hell out of them. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you: I already have all my favorite watches and I'm not looking to buy new ones a lot anymore. Just when something extraordinary comes out the old "I gotta have that one" comes out there. :D

Tack s