When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All Black Chrono's

cheswick

OK, so my next purchase is about to happen. Here's my criteria: Must be all black or close to it. Must have clear caseback to display movement with engraved rotor showing. Budget is less than $400. Preferably closer to $300. I've thought lots about the Hublot Big Bang Lite's but the sticker on the rotor is a deal breaker- plus they're a little too much $$. Gave some thought to the Concord C1 but it's just not black enough. :ph34r:

So my finalist's are...

(drumroll please)

PD-6341-LE-PVD-01.JPG

PD-6341-LE-PVD-05.JPG

OR

CHOPARD-2008-12-25-10-01.JPG

CHOPARD-2008-12-25-10-05.JPG

Your thoughts? I am open to other ideas everyone so let's here em! :bounce:

I always love when people say, "I have narrowed it to these watches, help me choose" - and people come back with completely different watches that don't even fill the OP's requirements... it never fails! :lol:

I like the Porsche, that's my vote.

Porsche looks sweet, it would be my choice of these two. That shiny PVD on Chopard really kills it for me.

Just to add, Porsche is not quite similar to gen, but still very nice. It should be PVD coated titanium, and should look like this:

Porsche_Design_P6341_Edition_1_Flat_Six_Automatic_Chronograph.jpg

regards

Guest HaloArchive
the porsche 4 me 2, But i am also a REP Porsche guy as you can see on my avatar (my home built 356 speedster)

the chopard is to busy on the dial 4 me

Thats awsome! I have a rep Gmund Coupe from 1949!

Cheers~

H

Unless the Porsche is phantom lumed, I'd go for the Chopard, simply for the night visibility :)

Another suggestion, is if you see a chrono with black dial that fits your criteria other than having an SS case, why not get it, and then get it DLC coated? I've seen some pretty impressive results lately :) Best of luck with your decision :good:

I was kinda feeling the Porsche more to begin with. I do love the IWC Top Gun but I gotta have the clear caseback for this run. Someone at RWI recommended me this Oris: http://www.watcheden.com/oris-tt3-limited-...-21351-p-1.html but now I'm noticing the shiny PVD and thinking the Flat black looks better. I'd love to get a SS watch and DLC it, but it just ain't in the budget right now. Thanks all for your opinion, still open to any other fresh ideas if you got em! Probably placing my order early next week. :D