When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Taking the replica sickness to the next level.

Nex_necO

Many years ago a pal of mine had a Countach replica he built from a kit - fibreglass body, spaceframe chassis, Jag V12 engine and mostly Jag running gear. Looked exactly like the real thing even on a side-by-side comparison. It went like stink, handled superbly but, oddly, was more comfortable to drive than the real thing (the original car was a nightmare).

wow! all this built, designed, and fabricated by hand by just one guy? although i doubt you could take it out for a spin in the rain especially because the ITBs are sticking out at the back. this car probably ROARS while passing through the neighborhood.

Whow... that sure brings back memories. Some 25 years ago my big dream was building a Ferrari 365 Daytona Spider on a Corvette chassis. It was the car used in the Miami Vice series and the frontliner in Kitcar Magazine... Of course I was nowhere near having the funds...but it was a nice dream...

wow, nicely build........love it.

Reminds me of a Karmann Ghia I drove while on vacation on the West Coast

Compliments

i too got hugged on this CAR Rep wave :-)

i build a Porsche 356 speedster based on a VW bug pan

great fun to build even greater fun to drive....

1206138304.jpg

1206138427.jpg

Very nice :) Maybe I can rebuild my f***n Skoda to something that looks nice at least ;P

I HATE Skoda never gonna buy one again!!

Guest HaloArchive

Yeah, I have a 1949 Gmund Coupe Replica :) It has a Subaru 2.0 WRX engine in it! I recently purchased an all original 1973 Carrera RS Lightweight! What a dream that car is!

Yeah, I have a 1949 Gmund Coupe Replica :) It has a Subaru 2.0 WRX engine in it! I recently purchased an all original 1973 Carrera RS Lightweight! What a dream that car is!

Er, what what whaaaaat??!?! :o

As in a Porsche 911 1973 Carrera RS Lightweight?

They're like $$$$$$ aren't they?! :blink:

Guest HaloArchive

Yeah, it was originaly a Lightweight so, it has Leightweight serial no's but, during a racing accident it was virtually totaled. It was rebuilt into a Carrera RS Touring and painted a White/Blue scheme. Under some paint chips you can still see the original yellow-orange :)

It is still a Lightweight at heart, in the engine and parts!

Yeah, it was originaly a Lightweight so, it has Leightweight serial no's but, during a racing accident it was virtually totaled. It was rebuilt into a Carrera RS Touring and painted a White/Blue scheme. Under some paint chips you can still see the original yellow-orange :)

It is still a Lightweight at heart, in the engine and parts!

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS :D

Guest HaloArchive
PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS :D

I believe there are still some from the company I bought it from online. I bought it from Canepa Design located in California. Go to their homepage and type in Carrera RS Lightweight in the SOLD section. If you cant find it I might upload some pics this coming week when I am back from Sequim for my mothers birthday.

hot damm, that Gmund looks cool - i love it

how make those kits ? is it VW based

Amaising that a design from 1949 have not change much all the way up to the '60's

I believe there are still some from the company I bought it from online. I bought it from Canepa Design located in California. Go to their homepage and type in Carrera RS Lightweight in the SOLD section. If you cant find it I might upload some pics this coming week when I am back from Sequim for my mothers birthday.

I've had a look and found a one on there but from the description it's not your one!

They are lovely though, supposed to be one of the all time great drives :)

Although, if you're in america, do you know what corners are? ;) LoL :p