When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

...when grails become reality

JoJo35

It is a purchase of a lifetime!

Roger that. After the wee mountain elves finished carving this beastie from a cold block of steel they put down their tools, wiped their hands and stepped back to admire it.

"Well that's it," one murmured in awe. "We've achieved perfection. Now we're done."

And they went off to open a Land Rover plant, where they carve engine blocks from cold blocks of aluminum to this day.

mountain_elves.jpg

Thank you to all who responded. If it weren't for my friends here at RWG, I never would have learned what I have, and would probably still be wearing canal st reps!

To me, this watch is certainly a pinnacle, and the find of a lifetime. The watchmaker at the shop I bought it from was kind enough to remove the caseback while I was there. What I found underneath was jewel-like, and absolutely beautiful.

Thanks again to all who wished me well with it. I'm wearing it now, and still can't believe I have such a masterpiece on my wrist :)

B,

Late to the party, yes I know.

... but wanted to share my enthusiasm and to say congratulations on this a treasure and ultimate score. Like W and S before me, I would love to view this in person at a NYC GTG.

Wear it in good health.

Ewwwwwwwwwww, it's a SIXTY-THREE ??? You're kidding, you'd want one of those after all the reports of skipping records, late credit card payments, dog poo on the carpet and stopped up toilets? Everyone knows the '63 is the source of all that calamity. Seriously, you're best to avoid that particular year at all costs.

'Course being the Good Samaritan that I am (cough) I'll be glad to dispose of it for you. :hypocrite: