When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement Differences Pricing Quote

dvn

I doubt that the rep movt would be COSC, never heard of that in a rep before, for $50 extra :)

Ask if you get the COSC papers...

But $100 for an ETA Sub is about the lowest Ive seen. Depends on what the watch is like, I couldnt see your pictures or the links.

Edited by sonystyle

I'd agree w/ Linder on this one. I also think that the gold eta's are from the far east and the silver ones are from Switzerland, but that is just my opinion. There's been a lot of previous discussion on the origins of the two different colored eta movements, so it's really hard to discern what the real truth is!

Good point, Sonystyle

COSC isn't going to deal w/ a rep. The only thing would be if a watchmaker took the 2836 movt and fine tuned it to meet COSC specs. All that would probably include is putting it on a Vibragraf and turning the screw to adjust it, maybe checking it in two or three positions. For $50 that's about all that's going to happen!

Good point, Sonystyle

COSC isn't going to deal w/ a rep. The only thing would be if a watchmaker took the 2836 movt and fine tuned it to meet COSC specs. All that would probably include is putting it on a Vibragraf and turning the screw to adjust it, maybe checking it in two or three positions. For $50 that's about all that's going to happen!

Maybe the rep factory is like IWC and have their own private version of COSC :)

To the OP, if the case, dial, bracelet, etc on both watches are the same I would save $50 and get the cheaper movt, thats just me - because its still an ETA. But ask the dealer the specific differences and what has been done to the movt, or if there are any comments on accuracy, etc...otherwise between one being gold and engraved one being silver that alone is not really a difference to me other than visual...

ETA offers different versions of their movements. THey offer a basic version (as we are used to seeing), a decorated movement, and a COSC version. I think you can purchase an already COSC certified movement from ETA. I think is what companies like TAG Heuer do for their chronometer watches. ...although, I doubt these reps for $150 dollars have COSC certification.

ETA offers different versions of their movements. THey offer a basic version (as we are used to seeing), a decorated movement, and a COSC version. I think you can purchase an already COSC certified movement from ETA. I think is what companies like TAG Heuer do for their chronometer watches.

COSC ETA movement + modded sub case = PERFECT Sub?

:bounce: