When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with Member Here on RWG.......He Starts a PP Dispute...........

BLIK

I am not new and a am member at RepGeek..........put my SA (Dave helped me pick it out) and everything worked great on it............I put it for sale here and over at RepGeek.

Well just read what this NOOB does..........

Sorry need to vent here.................Flightless over on RWG bought my SA (which was a great SA) everything worked perfectly and lined up perfectly.

Well I package it up (I package it up tightly and securely) and actually for him in London I double Boxed it and the Wrapped the inner box with Bubble Wrap........

Well he gets it and says the packaging was great but it is DEAD......nothing he does makes it run. I ask if he "smacked" it against his wrist and he says yes and also says the Chronos don't work. He then says he fully winds it and still nothing.

I ask him to send it to REX or another Watchsmith and we can split cost. He says than that it couldn't of been running when I shipped it and wants his money back..............I told him I am not responsible once it leaves my hands and it was running perfectly when I shipped it, I then again said SEND IT TO REX and we can split the cost but I wasn't going to refund his money, because who knows maybe he did something to it and wants out...........

WELL TODAY he opens up a pp dispute............I am [censored]......So he wants his money and my watch..............

Does anyone know this guy??

I mean I have had almost 60 transactions here trading and buying and no problems and that SA was probably the BEST Watch I have owned since I joined here...

That SA was in PERFECT CONDITION when I shipped it....

I AM [censored]

thanks Bob

I haven't heard form him since he did the PP dispute

like I stated before I asked him more than 2 times to send ti to REX.Since REX just cleaned the inside of the Crystal right before I sold it

but he didn't want to.............

Guest HaloArchive

Well.. Tell him if he dosnt like it to send it back and you cover shipping. Problem solved. You get money and he is out of a watch :) Its all about con-tricks my friend :D

Well.. Tell him if he dosnt like it to send it back and you cover shipping. Problem solved. You get money and he is out of a watch :) Its all about con-tricks my friend :D

This would be the best avenue, even if he has done something to make it stop you can always get it fixed again.

Ken

Edit; Sorry I can't allow his real name to be posted.

i dont really see what the problem is....

he sent you money - you sent him the watch...you obviously have tracking number or something to prove to PP that you sent him a package, right?

if so, thats it - you can tell that guy to F@ck himself. All he'll get once he'll escalate the dispute is the following message...and i quote "PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

case closed...have a nice day

The buyer is completely out of line, and is on the verge of loosing any future ability to enjoy his hobby on any of the forums...

I sincerely hope that he reads both this loop and the one over at RG and takes heed...

Double T

Blik (Medenblik on RG) is one of the most respected members over on the geek. He would never intentionally rip someone off. This guy is way out of line and needs to be sent to NOOB SCHOOL!!!

PP dispute are useless anyways as only an agreement between seller and buyer can fix a dispute!

I am always very angry when I read someone put a claim at PP.

We all know it's the worst way to choose.

And, of course, you are right saying he might have done something wrong with the watch upon arrival.

No way to know that for sure, but as you seems to be a respected member your words are trusted.

I'm with TT: hope the guuy will read and come back to better intentions soon.

All the best to you Blik.

As to the PP dispute - is this guy a noob? Sometimes noobs are quick to jump the gun, don't realize there is a taboo against PP chargebacks in this hobby. And perhaps we should refrain from speculating whether this is buyer's remorse, since as far as I know none of us was there when the watch arrived. The guy may have been quick to open a dispute but that doesn't make him a liar.

As to risk assignment, I am one (of the few) who believes the risk should be on seller. I send money in exchange for FUNCTIONING watches, not a watch that MIGHT be functioning when it arrives. If the onus is on the seller, there is MUCH more incentive to package properly, check functions in advance, etc....

I know Medenblik by reputation and if he says the watch was working it was working. And if he says it was well packaged it was well packaged. But that said, if it were me, I would have just refunded money and taken watch back. Putting the risk on the buyer makes no sense since he is in NO position to check the watch and protect it from possible damage.

We are all buyers and sellers so shifting the risk to the seller comes out in the wash anyway, and puts it on the only person able to have any influence on the condition in which the watch arrives.

This Sucks Blik, I was actually going to pull the trigger on your SA, as everyone I asked to check it over for me said it was a stunner andd easy one of the best they had seen!! I went to the thread and heard it was sold, was gutted but also pleased you had finally gotten it sold. I know of you from over at RG, I don't do much over there, the forum setup is really difficult for me to navigate, but I go over sometimes for practice and to hear whats going on and know a good guy when I hear one, you are a good guy mate!!

I'm up in Scotland, tell the guy he can send it up to me if he likes, if it needs something doing maybe me and my pop can fix it or send it to Rex like you asked him too several times, if it works he gets his pennies back from me?!? How does that sound, he will have my address and I can offer him my number as well if he is worried about being scammed! I'm pretty well known on here ( sometimes for beating on your friend Dave123!1 heh heh) so if he needs refs I'm sure a couple of people will answer for me!

I hate stuff like this happening, there is just no need for it in a hobby like ours!1 It's a gentlemans hobby, not a ripoff forum!!

Sixx :bones:

This Sucks Blik, I was actually going to pull the trigger on your SA, as everyone I asked to check it over for me said it was a stunner andd easy one of the best they had seen!! I went to the thread and heard it was sold, was gutted but also pleased you had finally gotten it sold. I know of you from over at RG, I don't do much over there, the forum setup is really difficult for me to navigate, but I go over sometimes for practice and to hear whats going on and know a good guy when I hear one, you are a good guy mate!!

I'm up in Scotland, tell the guy he can send it up to me if he likes, if it needs something doing maybe me and my pop can fix it or send it to Rex like you asked him too several times, if it works he gets his pennies back from me?!? How does that sound, he will have my address and I can offer him my number as well if he is worried about being scammed! I'm pretty well known on here ( sometimes for beating on your friend Dave123!1 heh heh) so if he needs refs I'm sure a couple of people will answer for me!

I hate stuff like this happening, there is just no need for it in a hobby like ours!1 It's a gentlemans hobby, not a ripoff forum!!

Sixx :bones:

I couldn't've said it any better than my bro already has...

I really hope this can be arranged amicably :) Best of luck :good:

I've just been able to sit down and respond to the outrageous barrage of abuse posted about me on this site and more specifically on Repgeek including threats of police action, publication of my name, and home town and the offer of my home address to anyone who would like it with a view to turning up at my door. I would very much welcome a conversation with anyone about this, but I don't feel this is a very appropriate way to do it.

I've withdrawn the Paypal dispute and I'm sending the broken watch, and the broken strap back to BLIK and I

ok guys this looks like it was a bit blown up out of proportion.

im not on anyone's side, but BLIK sounds like he has had so many good transactions hes forgotten how to deal with a bad one! ie. cant believe the watch could be DOA, thinks hes being scammed etc.

BLIK sounds a bit too aggressive thats all! but obviously i dont know the full story

guys just have another talk and sort something out. theres no need for all this public mess

There is always two sides to every story and there is no way to know who is responsible for what. However, that being said, there is a nice, amicable way to resolve any and all issues. Get a moderator involved to help out and avoid in all circumstances to file a PP dispute. A PP dispute is a 100% guarantee that someone is going to get their back up and become quite upset! That creates a hassle that no one needs and jeopardizes our ability to continue with this great hobby.

I sincerely hope you guys can work this out and lets all keep the flaming down to a nice dull roar. :)

Well, now that Adam posted his reply, I guess it's even more clear that a dispute MUST be handled between seller and buyer.

Hope you guys will find a way to chill out and talk to each other.

There is no reason in my humble opinion that a transaction ends like this.

A wise, talented, and well-known watchmaker once told me "well packed watches don't just break in transit". Once (and only once) I had a watch arrive for AR treatment that I was to remove the movement, and crystal in order to have it coated and send everything back reassembled. First thing first, I check to make sure the watch is running before doing anything. This one was not, which as I said was a first (and so far has been a last [knock on wood]). I notified the owner who swore up and down that it was running when it left the UK (if memory serves). Well now what? Bad situation. And at that point I solicited the advice of previously-mentioned watchmaker, which helped tremendously in sorting things out. I don't know if it helps here at all, but in my case things were fairly easily resolved to the satisfaction of both parties which is usually the case after a couple deep breaths and some calm discourse.

Good luck.