When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New And Need Reassuring

Guest watchboy

Guest watchboy

I am new to the world of replicas and I am overwhelmed by the amount of conflicting information. One site says "$1,000 is too much for any replica" another says "You cannot expect to get a decent replica for under $1,000"

Then, of course you read about all of the phony Replica Forums and how they actually sell replicas.... I hope this one is real.

So far this site seems to be the most legit..... I would like to think that it is and that I can use it to start a cool new hobby. I went out on a limb last night and ordered a Submariner from Perfect Clone last night and I am kind of anxious and exited to seed what I actually get. Will it actually have an ETA movement? Will it look real? Will it last? I guess I have no room to complain for $188.

I would love to hear from other people on this site to get an idea of their experiences.

Thanks!

Wayne

I'm new myself, and just got my first 2 reps (Omega SMP GMT and Bell&Ross) from Trustytime. Both arrived safely in about 4 days after my Paypal transaction.

I've learned a lot from this forum and tons more to learn.

From what I see here, Perfect Clones's Josh is very highly regarded. So there is more confidence if you ordered from him. At least you know his work is not a scam (like others I've read on here).

I'm not sure how you can tell if the movement is ETA, etc... I guess you'd have to open it up and really know what you are looking for ?

Guest watchboy
I'm new myself, and just got my first 2 reps (Omega SMP GMT and Bell&Ross) from Trustytime. Both arrived safely in about 4 days after my Paypal transaction.

I've learned a lot from this forum and tons more to learn.

From what I see here, Perfect Clones's Josh is very highly regarded. So there is more confidence if you ordered from him. At least you know his work is not a scam (like others I've read on here).

I'm not sure how you can tell if the movement is ETA, etc... I guess you'd have to open it up and really know what you are looking for ?

So.... how is the quality? Does it look convincing? How much were they? I hear the Submariner is one tof the better replicas made.

Wayne

We're here trying to scam everyone.... We have about 2,000 members in on the scam :lol:

Just kidding of course.... Have a look around and spend some time on the site and you'll see in fact this site is legit.

For starters, No rep should ever cost $1000.....

Welcome.

I've yet to recieve any of the watches i orders (one from trusy, one from Josh) but from the amount of information i have gotten off this forum, I have nothing but absolute confidence in their products and business.

I dont think you have anything to be nervous about, these cats are legit.

oh, and remember, a replica is a replica, so of course it wont be EXACT, but the reputable dealers sell ones that look pretty damn close. So breath, and enjoy!!!!

welcome. i started collecting 3 years ago and will tell you that this site is for real.

here are some tips:

1. search the site & read as much as you can on a particular piece that you like

2. PM people and ask questions of the more experienced posters.....they are knowledgeable and are friendly

3. ONLY "TRADE" with the approved dealers....research the dealers and remember that some only deal with people they trust....ask specific questions but do not pester them.

4. when trading.....HAVE PATIENCE!!!! do not panic. the dealers are trust worthy so trade with them and then sit back and relax and wait for the item to arrive.

5. remember that it is a rep.....if you want it to be "perfect"....buy the original item

enjoy the hobby!!!!

So.... how is the quality? Does it look convincing? How much were they? I hear the Submariner is one tof the better replicas made.

I know how to convince you. Works every time:

104152-25547.jpg

I paid $120 for that one back in Feb.

Don't ask from whom I got it as pretty much everyone carries it for $100-$120. The ETA ones are like that only better.

@ watchboy :2:

I remember the first time I sent a couple of hudered bucks into the unknown. Very frightning :bye2:

You made a good choice and I think you will be very pleased with your watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Welcome

P.S. Don't doubt the validity of this forum. There's not enough hours in the day for someone to dream up all the off the wall posts you'll read in this forum. :bangin::Jumpy:

Wayne, I have the latest LV from Joshua and it is a very nice watch and replica. Quickly became my most worn watch. All the watches I have pruchased have been from reputable dealers here (and the other forums they post on). All are good watches.

Save your pennies... once that first one arrives, you will want more! I just wanted a new Daytona. It arrived. Then I wanted a PAM 147. It arrived. Then I wanted a PAM 196. It arrived. Then I wanted the Sub LV. It arrived. Then I wanted a Tag Monza, a Omega PO Orange chrono and a PAM 88 GMT and orderd all of those. They are on the way. It is a sickness you see :Jumpy:

Guest watchboy
@ watchboy :2:

I remember the first time I sent a couple of hudered bucks into the unknown. Very frightning :bye2:

You made a good choice and I think you will be very pleased with your watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Welcome

P.S. Don't doubt the validity of this forum. There's not enough hours in the day for someone to dream up all the off the wall posts you'll read in this forum. :bangin::Jumpy:

That's why I trusted it...... seems way to labor intensive to fake all of these member posts. I am thrilled!!!! Another cool hobby.

That's why I trusted it...... seems way to labor intensive to fake all of these member posts. I am thrilled!!!! Another cool hobby.

No, another very expensive cool hobby1 :Jumpy:

I'm new too, take the advise of the long termers here they know their onions..... Oh, if there's a problem, don't screw the dealer up with a pp claim email instead...

Hobby???

hob·by

n. pl. hob·bies

An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

No :Jumpy:

ob·ses·sion

n.

Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.

A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

Yes :crazy:

So far this site seems to be the most legit..... I would like to think that it is and that I can use it to start a cool new hobby. I went out on a limb last night and ordered a Submariner from Perfect Clone last night and I am kind of anxious and exited to seed what I actually get. Will it actually have an ETA movement? Will it look real? Will it last? I guess I have no room to complain for $188.

Wayne - sit back and relax. We are all gens here!! Your only real problem is knowing when to stop and judging by the new IWC Portugese chrono I havn't learnt yet!!!

There is a simple test of this - and of every rep watch forum.

Just ask one simple question on every forum that you can find.

"Who has the best sub?"

The shysters will point you in the direction of one of their puppet sites.

The honest forums will flame your [censored]... but it doesn't really hurt... and you find out who you really trust.

Double-check: Search the archives here for "who has the best sub" and see what happens. Fun for all the family :lol:

Oh yes... Jos is the best dealer on the planet. But don't take my word for it .... while you are waiting for your watch to arrive, use the search button, keywords: Jos Nana.

I think that you will be impressed.