When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completed my vintage projects :-)

l3x

I'd like to share with you 3 projects I finally got around to completing. Learned a whole lot and most importantly had an awesome time doing it.

When creating these vintage pieces, my goal was not to make these pieces an exact copy as the real thing. That's left up to the experts. Heck, I'm happy the hands I put in actaully stayed on the movement :D

Of course there were those unexpected events, i.e. hands don't fit, movement don't fit, messing up the vintage lume, dial too think, etc. But fortunate for me, and with the help from others, I was able to get around it. Thanks to you all.

On to the pics...

group0.jpg

The motors...

group1.jpg

The vintage family...

vin_group.jpg

vin_group1.jpg

vin_group3.jpg

vin_group4.jpg

vin_group2.jpg

And for the future projects...

pocket.jpg

Thanks for looking.

you have done an amazing job, congratulations!

and the movements you have on stock lookk really promising for the next projects...

you'll end with a fabulous collection and with no $ in your pockets...LOL

I am looking forward to your next project...

Great watches and beautifull pictures

When i look at your vintage pieces i realize that the vintage have more caracter and look much better then the modern ones.

Most be a hell of a lot of money invested in these projects.

Wear them well.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Yay sites back up and looking nicer than ever.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

I've always admired the Vintage pieces posted here...especially the movements. It was challenge to myself to build one.

I did put a lot of money into getting these. I would never consider these investments :-)

Regarding the comments of me getting these off of ebay, I want to say that I avoid ebay like the plague. I totally despise ebay. Been screwed over many times. Majority of these movements were purchased from a friend. I also feel the same about PP but I have no choice with this one.

Currently, I am working on putting together the Angelus. I believe I have all the materials I need to assemble. And the test fitting worked out nicely. But this is a lot more work than the corteberts. Hats off to those that have done this.