When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

men's style - custom tailored shirts

deltatahoe

I also use a custom tailor for some of my suits and dress shirts. the person i use is located in HK and ships to the states. The suits are made from the best fabrics, italian wools super 200's real good stuff. The shirts are tailored to your build and needs as well, but you need to send the measurements

still you can get a Seville quality suits at a third of the cost, or at least you used to be able to. The site is jantzentailor.com. It has been a while, but I just ordered some shirts from them again, and asked that they provide swatches for suits. Waiting for them to come back. Will let you know how it goes.

Received my custom shirts from Jantzen last week and I must say they are better than what I remembed in terms of quality of material and fit. Can't beat them for the price. Also receivedd two very nice pair of cufflinks for under $40 a piece and swatchs for suits. I am looking for a dark brown with Charcoal undertones but the swatches he sent me make it hard to discern. I need to contact him.

Still, the quality and workmanship on the shirts is still first rate so I am assuming the suits will be as well.

I got a custom made shirt cause i couldnt find this collar style anywhere (as seen in goodfellas) cost me about $70, and I have the privelage of not seeing it anywhere else or on any one else (except on joe pesci and deniro). So I think it was worth it.

post-10838-125315184652_thumb.jpg

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm 18" Neck, 8 Inch wrist but 34 waist.

Same thing here :(. Was looking at tailored shirts but never decided on a tailor :(.

Best off the shelf I've had yet was a D&G, really nice fit, amazing fabric.. Rest is of the Hugo line of Boss, they are fairly slim as well...

Gotta throw a peak in that style forum and the links posted in here.. Then again, was thinking of trying to get into shape again, probably put some more kilos in the right places :D

• 3 years later...

Another tip for the European members is T M Lewin they have all styles. A multitude of cloths and the non iron ones are great to pull out of a suit case and wear. Also French cuffs are available an they always have a special offer on!

• 7 months later...

I'm only 5'7" & about 140 lbs. Ermenegildo Zegna is the absolute best fitting dress shirt I've ever tried. True form-fitting and nice length in the sleeve and at the back; not too long. I generally have all my suits taken in to have a more athletic cut and as a result like my jacket sleeves a bit shorter to show off the cuffs. Zegna does it perfectly; even all the Zegna reps I bought from Kenberg.

I am thinking to get in touch with what you have mentioned. I am talking about fitting dress shirt.

I am thinking that what if any one can design his own dress shirt and get stitched with his own fitting size???

I have experienced this, what I am talking about! at stitchedforme.com where I can design my dress shirt also I can select the fabric and get it stitched fior me.

What I am thinking right now is that you can get your desired shirt with your fitting and get it stitched according to your design.

• 3 weeks later...

StyleForum has loads on tailored shirts - I was looking into this a couple of months ago.

Jantzen is the place I think I might try. Pretty cheap although you have to measure yourself and the results aren't always perfect, from what they were saying on that forum.

I'm just fed up getting shirts that fit round the neck but are designed for lardy bastards, which I'm not!! lol

I've been using Ricky at Jantzen for more than 10 years now and have never had an issue.  The one down side is his response time.

I switched to tailored shirts a year ago and it is absolutely true that it would be almost impossible to switch back. Shirts that I thought to fit great before, now just don't cut it.

I use modern tailor (moderntailor.com) website and so far it worked out great. Shirts are very well made. I've had few issues with the material - living in Houston, few shirts I ordered were just too heavy, but after few tries you learn your way around swatches and materials.

For the first shirt, you should plan it to be a test, so get something cheap.

One thing I would like to try, but it is just too expensive to test the fit, is to buy the pants. For those, I might find somebody in Houston that can tailor it locally.