When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project Rolex 1655

marc jacobs

I've decided to build a 1655 project

I want a vintage 1655 that looks and feels authentic and looks and feels like it is old and antique.

I wanted a case that could fit a gen Rolex movement, And I found Yuki. His service is excellent and helpful.

I have ordered a complete case set, with 1655 dial and hands.

yuki also help me to modify 1570 movement become GMT 24 hour movement.

PX161141.jpg

PX161253.jpg

PX161463.jpg

PX161583.jpg

PX161871.jpg

PX161882.jpg

Congrats! It is a good decision to go for the Steve McQueen 1655. It is simply so classic and differs from the other traditional Rolex sport models.

The only thing I see in your 1655 is perhaps the case is marginally too big particularly at the CG side. Further improvements on the hands/dials will make this watch perfect. Still, enjoy your classic 1655.

Just to share with you , this is what I have built. Same powered by the beautiful 1575.

post-943-124894490981_thumb.jpg

And now modded with the straight second hand.

post-943-124894510622_thumb.jpg

Overall, it looks very good. But, for a Yuki case, I am surprised the crown guards are so far off. I am also not too sure about the size/location of the date window. Maybe it is the camera's perspective (or mine), but the cyclops look's off-center with weak magnification. I think I would fit a gen 116 lens. Here is a gen for reference

1655.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you, yrs 1655 look so NICE~

yr CG side is look good.

yup,yuki provide two kind of case.

One is like my case, another one is expensive more and look better.

But it is out of my budget for this project.

Sure, I will go to find another hand set to improve my watch.

thank you~

Congrats! It is a good decision to go for the Steve McQueen 1655. It is simply so classic and differs from the other traditional Rolex sport models.

The only thing I see in your 1655 is perhaps the case is marginally too big particularly at the CG side. Further improvements on the hands/dials will make this watch perfect. Still, enjoy your classic 1655.

Just to share with you , this is what I have built. Same powered by the beautiful 1575.

post-943-124894490981_thumb.jpg

And now modded with the straight second hand.

post-943-124894510622_thumb.jpg

Yuki asked me for a $ 800 only case and case back, 1:1 in 1655.

What is a good expenditure taking into account that they are a

complete dial genuine, Cal.1575 genuine, genuine bezel and crown + tube? :g:

Now I asked a few pictures before I decide. Wonder if you have experience with the components of 1:1 Yuki.

Thank you. :good:

Yuki asked me for a $ 800 cash only and cash back, 1:1 in 1655.

What is a good expenditure taking into account that they are a

complete dial genuine, Cal.1575 genuine, genuine bezel and crown + tube? :g:

Now I asked a few pictures before I decide. Wonder if you have experience with the components of 1:1 Yuki.

Thank you. :good:

I've just saw it's site... amazing! I want start a 1655 project too! so let me understand you mean 800$ for a full watch including a gen movement?? how it can be possible?

I've just saw it's site... amazing! I want start a 1655 project too! so let me understand you mean 800$ for a full watch including a gen movement?? how it can be possible?

Easy there tiger. That's $800 for an aftermarket case and caseback only.

Add (approx. costs) $50 for aftermarket hands, $100 for a gen crystal, $200 for an aftermarket dial (more for a decent one), gen movt around $1000-1500 for a c.1575, and you're well up in the $2k range.

My case only USD 450.00. Include tube, bezel and crystal.

mod 1570 movement to GMT movement is USD 160.00.

Yuki said have to remove some part from movement to mod.

My case only USD 450.00. Include tube, bezel and crystal.

mod 1570 movement to GMT movement is USD 160.00.

Yuki said have to remove some part from movement to mod.

I was told the same (for case and GMT mod). I wasn't told there was another case though, but it's the first time I have contacted them.

The GMT mod involves putting in aftermarket parts, but it sounds like not many are required. No idea what that is though.

Easy there tiger. That's $800 for an aftermarket case and caseback only.

Add (approx. costs) $50 for aftermarket hands, $100 for a gen crystal, $200 for an aftermarket dial (more for a decent one), gen movt around $1000-1500 for a c.1575, and you're well up in the $2k range.

If you find any gen 1570/5 GMT movements for that price range, please let me know!

• 6 months later...

I've decided to build a 1655 project

hi marc jacobs great watch youv built i sent a email to yuki suggesting they should feature customers completed watches

so people can see how they look finished yuki liked the suggestion and now features our watches on there site! aeromatic!

hi marc jacobs great watch youv built i sent a email to yuki suggesting they should feature customers completed watches

so people can see how they look finished yuki liked the suggestion and now features our watches on there site! aeromatic!

Thank you aeromatic! WoW!!! I seen my watch in yuki web.

That's great idea ~ :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 years later...

Rather than start a new topic, I'll dig this one out of the drawer.

I'm starting a 1655 too, and was interested in follow-up to see how this case faired over the last few years. Has the quality of available cases improved over the last 4 years? I've reached out to Yuki, but didn't get a response. I DID find a few other places that have 1655 cases, but being a noob, it's tough to know who has the best quality pieces.

::: Back to lurking/learning :::

• 2 years later...