When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 027a, Swiss 2892 + PR module sweetness!

Mickey Padge

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks very good, thicker that the DSN CG. Yours nearly reaches the bottom of the case back, mine does not come close even.....

Thank you, I couldn't stand DSN's CG so I took all my rep CGs I had and swapped levers and housings until I found a combination that would:

- Lock the T48 deep crown (it's 5ATM water tight now)

- Allowed enough room in the cutout for the crown to be fully extended for time changing

- Since it was a mish-mash I needed the lever that did not require the outside curve to be shaped

I still had to thin the inside curve of the lever and shorten and bend the tip a little, rebrush and do the pin mod etc.

Damnit Wolfie your pics always hook me!!

I just got the brand new improved DSN 028a in a trade for my 188 that was stuck in the sale threads. Not doing it for me at all maybe I should try to trade it for the 027a

I love my gen 240 and I'm excited about my incoming 232 but god damn if I'm not in a rep funk right now

BUMMER!!!

Prob try to trade it not sell it maybe for the 027a if someone wants to swap

D

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a new crown guard from a CQOUT seller for my 027a :)

I noticed in one of his the sale pictures that his PAM had a nice looking crown guard, So I ordered the watch and three extra crown guards, came to just over $100 all in, delivery was quick to, even though it was CNY.....

Enough talk, here are some pictures, click to expand!

dsc03237f.th.jpgdsc03239k.th.jpgdsc03240.th.jpgdsc03242e.th.jpg

dsc03243m.th.jpgdsc03244x.th.jpgdsc03247kb.th.jpgdsc03248p.th.jpg

dsc03248a.jpg

The crown guard needed some sanding to move it closer to the case and to help press the lever against the crown, the fit will be better when I receive one of OP's new crowns. You may also notice the gen OEM croc strap which rounds of the watch nicely, thanks al12! :D

The new CG is thicker than DSN's, and the pin is a little higher just like the gen, I really think it makes a difference to the watch, what do you guys think? B)

Just what the doctor ordered, Mickey! :)

And that gator is the right period for this watch so I think you got this one done :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Psssst - Leo DW :)

Thanks Wolf! :)

The date wheel has never bothered me, but that may change when my old school ETA 2893 based 029 comes back from Domi, I have a finepics wheel for that, and a DSN one piece crystal ;)

I have a Lello wheel spare too, but I am not sure the dates are always well placed, some seem too near the discs inner edge....

• 1 month later...

Looking great Mickey! The new Palp is a winner for sure even if a bit on the thick side. I think most early automatics including the early A series like 27A used a 1.98mm crown, while T48 is 2.03mm and with palp you could be as high as 2.05. You'd think that .02mm difference is difficult to perceive but T48 looks thinner than palp because of the bevel. To me the value in current Palp crowns is that they're a lot more "square" meaning the bevels running the sides of the knurled part of the crown are at a steeper angle. That makes them a very good fit for PreV watches.

Looking great Mickey! The new Palp is a winner for sure even if a bit on the thick side. I think most early automatics including the early A series like 27A used a 1.98mm crown, while T48 is 2.03mm and with palp you could be as high as 2.05. You'd think that .02mm difference is difficult to perceive but T48 looks thinner than palp because of the bevel. To me the value in current Palp crowns is that they're a lot more "square" meaning the bevels running the sides of the knurled part of the crown are at a steeper angle. That makes them a very good fit for PreV watches.

You are totally correct, the slightly thicker Palp crown, with less bevel looks better to me, plus the design allows the lever greater lever contact on the crown too, as the recess is less......