When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 027a, Swiss 2892 + PR module sweetness!

Mickey Padge

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup

Mick has a Lello on the way sent by me earlier this month :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I was going to ask you if you got it yet

@dluddy - cant be 027 can it? all the pics I see still have centered seconds???

was after the seconds at 9...

bit confused

No, I was confused at your question. Power Reserve with hobnail dial and seconds at 9:00 is the 222 Regatta Special Edition from 2005.

• 1 month later...

Just came back from Domi, thanks very much! B)

He installed a bold date font date disc for me, and now the watch is complete! I also took the opportunity to nudge the power reserve into a better fully charged position (as pictured) :)

Click to expand!

dsc03510y.th.jpgdsc03511o.th.jpgdsc03512b.th.jpg

dsc03510n.jpg

Well what do you guys think? I love it, well worth doing! What a journey this has been, cool thread for those wanting to follow the same path, you can see the basic watch all the way through to its final mod! Thanks to everyone for their input and support, this thread shows what a great and knowledgeable community we have here :drinks:

Cheers! B)

Phenomenal result Mickey! One of my favorite project threads :drinks:

This goes to show how much time and trial and error goes into these!

I had been thinking recently, how amazing is the fact that DSN has not produced a dial with good quality dial print and LSL, LSML, TST or TSMT in proper PAM font since his PreA/A/B-transitional hybrid T-S-T dials in 2006-2007 until he made the 27A dial. And even more baffling to me is that he hasn't produced one since he made the 27A dial. His sausage dials for 1A/1B/111E and sandwich 26K that came out after 27A and now most recent 188/196 daylight dials are screwed up in those areas. Could it be that DSN27A is the last truly great rep dial we will get?

I'm not saying that his 27A dial is perfection, it could use a 2-color relume (cream colored lacquer surrounding the tritium indexes) and slightly bolder dial print but otherwise it is an awesome dial. I've now decided to build this model once again for sure.

Thanks w0lf, your help has proved most beneficial to this project! B)

This is one of DSN's best watches no doubt, but like all of them, it needs some TLC, his new ETA7753 based 188/196 were tempting, but there are too many issues with the bezel font and deep rehaut to think about buying one, I wonder if anyone did jump on board with that watch? :)

Do you still have a PR PAM from DSN?

Well it should work out cheaper to build one now, as DSN dropped the price of his PR PAM's a while back :)

Just the hard part will be sourcing a good date wheel now, plenty of crowns out there, a decent CG may prove a little tricky though. When you think of it, three mods is all it really takes!

Cheers! B)

Well it should work out cheaper to build one now, as DSN dropped the price of his PR PAM's a while back :)

Just the hard part will be sourcing a good date wheel now, plenty of crowns out there, a decent CG may prove a little tricky though. When you think of it, three mods is all it really takes!

Cheers! B)

What about casebacks? I have been bugging jacob, but he is not comitting to a date.

What about casebacks? I have been bugging jacob, but he is not comitting to a date.

You mean a thicker caseback, or different engravings? :)

I have to admit I have a limited knowledge of PAM's, but I know what I like! If there was a need for a thicker more accurate caseback, I may be interested, but first I would need to know why it was needed, and if it was really worth the effort? Like I said, I use the knowledge of the community for what upgrades I should do, and that has proved to be a wise decision B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...