When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 027a, Swiss 2892 + PR module sweetness!

Mickey Padge

Hehe, no way! However, he could give me some credit off future purchases, or offer a partial refund, due to the regulation/serving expenses I will have to pay.....

wow, if I always got this kind of credit for my (faulty) replica watches that I purchased now I would be a millionaire!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will go with the steel and have Avitt DLC coat my FGD 202a. Best of both worlds!!

It's just me, or that watch is gorgeous?

I am pretty positive that DSN got good advices while making it. ;)

Congrats Mickey!

BTW, I fitted a T60 crown on a 7750 DSN case for my 090 project. So there is also good hope that a T crown will fit on this 2892 case as well.

Also, I personally think that the DSN crown is not really too thin. It is 'just' too bevelled, too smooth at the edges, and this is giving it that thin look.

Thanks sssurfer! :)

I think you are very much correct, the bevelled edge is indeed the main issue with the DSN crown, it seems to make it look thinner! B)

DSN is a gent too, he has just offered me some store credit off a future purchase, to help with the regulation costs, very nice of him!

Oh, and about the center second hand instead of small subdial @9...

even if I am a lover of the subdial as it looks very Panerai, I have to say that the seconds hand at the center is better: you never happen to be unable to read the seconds because the hour and/or minute hands are covering the subdial.

Center second hand and power reserve indicator: the 027 and the 028 are two perfect watches. Probably my most favourite PAMs. Congrats once again, I am really jealous! :)

sweet! any pics of the LUME? i read you mentioned that it was low but stayed around, is it "smooth" and uniform (i.e. no black dots where as if lume was not applied evenly? I ask as i haven't had the best luck with sausage dials, so i tend to stick to sandwich dials. I am truly jealous!

Well I don't have the watch to hand right now, but the lume was very even and well applied, probably the best out of all the DSN sausage dials I have seen, spotless and clean :)

TomH has the watch and is going to work on regulating it soon, when it comes back I will test the T60 crown, and take a few more dial shots too ;)

Mickey, I love the watch!!! The case polish is right on, the dial is so close it's hard to spot differences, even under trained eye. If you have the tools, pop off the crown guard and slightly round the back side more so the end is more perfectly aligned with the case. Also, flatten the CG pin, add slight bevel to edge and re-polish. It will look so gen it's scary!

Thanks guys, wait till I replace my 5-year old Canon SD300 ;)

Mickey, when are you getting your watch back, I can't wait on the T60 crown update?

P.S. Hope I don't jinx anything but I bought 2 of these from DSN and they're both running +/-10 sec. The one in the picture is +1.5 seconds a day and the other one is +9.

Edited by w0lf