When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 027a, Swiss 2892 + PR module sweetness!

Mickey Padge

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

027b is no no. The legend is for 027a with the arrow PR pointer.

Is this a general consensus... to get a 27a and not 27b? is it more interesting from a collector's view to get the firs edition, vs the 2nd?

I was leaning toward the lume on the PR hand and the C1+C3 lume...but I can't distinguish DSNs descriptions: 27a/28a states Vintage LUME, 27b/28b states C1+C3 LUME. Is this the same or different? Its important to me if the LUME is applied very evenly so when glowing there are no dark spots and it is very uniform and smooth and ideally bright. It sounds like neither or SuperLUMED, so the question is if these dials have the same LUME substance and if NOT, do you know from an execution point of view, which would be easier to apply and hence more probable to receive a nice LUMED dial?

The lume on my 027a is not so bright, but it does last for a very long time, like the gen would (being a ten year old watch using tritium lume)...

The modern DSN 027b uses C1+C3 superlume (same as the gen), so the lume will be brighter than the 027a ;)

Have a peak here: http://www.paneristi.com/archives/PreA_Panerai/Pre_A_Panerai.html

Not much interest, I thought peeps were waiting to see if this worked? ^_^

If you look at the gen crown, and it's position, it does look very close now, better than the DSN crown....

pict0049b.jpg

dsc02781.jpg

Notice the distance between case and T crown, it looks very similar, with the same gap B)

I should have taken a picture at the same angle, but take my word for it, it looks the same!

Thanks, I asked Aaron if he had a strap "ready" to ship, in the style I wanted, fortunately he did, so no 3-6 month wait for me! :p

Aaron makes real high quality straps, I should have a brown one in the same style arriving soon, I managed to snap that one up off an RG member for only $60, heaven knows why nobody else purchased it at that price! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Strap looks great, Mickey. Your last picture of the dial got me to shoot that email to DSN to confirm purchase.

Thanks, I am glad you like my wrist shots! B)

You will not be disappointed with the watch, buy a decent strap and a T48 crown and you are set! Maybe flatten the CG pin a little bit too of course ^_^

Mickey, I see that you kept DSN's CG, can the crown be fully extended to change the time and also is the lever boot able to hit the bottom of the dish? If this has already been answered I apologize.

No worries, this is from my update:

"The crown fits OK, the lever touches, but does not push in that much, if at all. Although I do think it sits well, slightly away from the case (just like the gen picture I posted). When pulled out the crown just touches the inside of the crown guard, but it works perfectly fine"

So the crown does "feather" touch the inside of the CG, but it causes no problems, and makes no marks/noise when turned :D

EDIT:

Have a look for yourself! ;)

dsc02804.th.jpg

In fact, the way I have measured out the crown stem, I don't think it touches at all! It is very, very close and maybe it gently brushes the CG sometimes, but it feels totally free when the crown is turned :D

• 1 month later...

No worries, this is from my update:

"The crown fits OK, the lever touches, but does not push in that much, if at all. Although I do think it sits well, slightly away from the case (just like the gen picture I posted). When pulled out the crown just touches the inside of the crown guard, but it works perfectly fine"

So the crown does "feather" touch the inside of the CG, but it causes no problems, and makes no marks/noise when turned :D

EDIT:

Have a look for yourself! ;)

dsc02804.th.jpg

In fact, the way I have measured out the crown stem, I don't think it touches at all! It is very, very close and maybe it gently brushes the CG sometimes, but it feels totally free when the crown is turned :D

Mickey, incredible watch and great mods. I have the DSN 027B and am thinking of getting the T48 Crown. I'm curious, did you change it yourself or send it out. If you changed it yourself, was it fairly straightforward? Thanks!