When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 027a, Swiss 2892 + PR module sweetness!

Mickey Padge

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey will you please take a picture of the date. I am a date font nut and not seeing any datewheels in the pipeline is keeping me away (Dadog pointed me to Leo, but no word just yet).

Thanks, and the watch looks great. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mickey will you please take a picture of the date. I am a date font nut and not seeing any datewheels in the pipeline is keeping me away (Dadog pointed me to Leo, but no word just yet).

Thanks, and the watch looks great. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks red! :)

I am struck down with the flu right now and really feel like crap, so pictures are a bit of a struggle, but here is a cropped image from one of my earlier photos :)

dsc02709o.jpg

To me the date font looks great, nice and thick, well defined, cleanly printed and always centered each day. The second date mag on the movement (inside the date window) really helps lift it up, and is the same method used on the gen 027a, it does not look recessed, certain (acute) angles do cut it off slightly, but then, the same thing happens on the genuine.....

I personally would not use an aftermarket disc, as they can be printed poorly, and/or not always centered. The finish can look rough with them too.....

DSN really did a great job! B)

Mickey, Thanks for the pics. You picked up a nice one from DSN.

A question to the experts, wouldn't this case work for a Pre-V watch? I asked the same question in Drulee's thread.

***edit: I'm referring to the short fat lugs***

Thanks.

Edited by mir36

Mickey, Thanks for the pics. You picked up a nice one from DSN.

A question to the experts, wouldn't this case work for a Pre-V watch? I asked the same question in Drulee's thread.

***edit: I'm referring to the short fat lugs***

Thanks.

You are welcome and thanks! :D

I will let the PAM experts field that question! ;)

Having looked over some genuine 027a pictures, it would appear that the DSN crown guard is actually very nice, only the crown itself is too thin, with bevelled edges, check out this gen:

pict0049b.jpg

As you can see, the DSN replica is very close, but the gen has a thicker, straighter edged crown. Does anyone know where I could source such a crown?

Cheers! B)

Mickey, I'm looking forward to see how your t60 fits. As Kruzer has said, the issue could be with clearance inside the CG to accomodate both the date and time setting positions with a thicker crown. I know of someone with a gen A-D series CG that was pursuing having a batch made up, similar to what Kostas did with the H+ series CGs. I don't know where that project stands currently, however.

Can't decide 027 or 028

Maybe Mickey you can send me yours for a week to help me make up my mind

I have heard that there is no "bedding in" period for ETA movements, and to be honest even if that were true, over five minutes in a 24 hour period is way too inaccurate. It is losing a good few seconds every hour or so, not every day like you would come to expect from automatic movements......

Hopefully DSN will sort something out for me, after all, it is not a cheap watch! :)