When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PAM 027a, Swiss 2892 + PR module sweetness!

Mickey Padge

Some of you may have seen my WTB thread, looking for an auto PAM, well it seems DSN has answered that call! :)

Service from DSN was top notch as always, the watch was posted on the 27th via EMS, and delivered today! Would have been delivered yesterday too, but Parcelfacre messed up the delivery address.....

The watch was packaged very safely, and included a nice black leather strap, and also a really nice rubber strap and buckle, bonus! B)

Enough chat from me, here are the pictures, click to expand!

dsc02709o.th.jpgdsc02711g.th.jpgdsc02712u.th.jpgdsc02713.th.jpgdsc02714f.th.jpg

dsc02715.th.jpgdsc02716.th.jpgdsc02717w.th.jpgdsc02718q.th.jpgdsc02719k.th.jpg

dsc02713.jpg

I really love the watch, the date mag is crisp and sharp, and so is the date, a nice and thick font too. It does not look recessed, due to the second date mag just under the dial inside the date window, nice! :D

Yes the crown and crown guard could be better (bit thin), but if I am honest I don't really care, everything else about the watch so so damn fine, I can easily forget that. The power reserve functions of course, and has moved out of the white zero area while I have been typing up this little review! :)

The lume is feint, which is correct as far as I know, as the gen used tritium, and would have faded after 10 years or so. The case back also has the proper engraving, not etched, sorry, I forgot to add a picture.....

Comments and observation welcome! B)

Update!

Well, I decided to get a T48 crown as soon as I heard he created some with the correct 0.9mm stem size B)

The crown fits OK, the lever touches, but does not push in that much, if at all. Although I do think it sits well, slightly away from the case (just like the gen picture I posted). When pulled out the crown just touches the inside of the crown guard, but it works perfectly fine :)

DSN sent me a new crown guard too you may notice, after I had some issues with the first one. The new one is nicer still, with a squarer, more right angled cut on the inner side. Also, you will note a really nice HKTAN croc strap :D

Pictures! Keep clicking to expand...

dsc02781.th.jpgdsc02782u.th.jpgdsc02783u.th.jpgdsc02784t.th.jpg

dsc02785x.th.jpgdsc02788gs.th.jpgdsc02787l.th.jpgdsc02789p.th.jpg

dsc02790c.th.jpgdsc02791u.th.jpgdsc02792s.th.jpg

dsc02788s.jpg

Overall I am very, very happy now. I think the appearance is very gen like, with only the crown pin position being a bit too low, when compared to the gen, not a big deal for me though ;)

Thanks very much "T" for your excellent crown! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers! B)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Looks great! I especially love the little arrow hand for the PR indicator... Very cool.

Yep, and the way it keeps climbing up towards 40 is really cool! B)

Some extra shots were requested over on RG, so I may as well post them here:

dsc02723.th.jpgdsc02726r.th.jpgdsc02727.th.jpgdsc02728.th.jpgdsc02730.th.jpg

Also the lume is feint, but it sticks around for a long while! :D

Excellent choice, Mickey! Mine is waiting for me at home as I type this. DSN shipped mine on Monday and it was delivered yesterday - lightning fast for HK --> USA!!!

Glad to hear the datefont and mag looks good IRL! All it needs is a t48 crown, eh?

Cool, I look forward to seeing some pictures! :)

A T48 crown, where would I find one of those? Also, a decent strap too, because the rubber attracts too much dust for my liking.....

DSN always comes through with good watches, well, he always has for me at least! :D

Out of interest, does anyone know where to buy a genuine black croc strap, with a large square grain cut? (24/22) I would not want it to cost a fortune either, already put quite a bit down on this watch :p

Mickey-

Congrats. That is a great looking watch. Someone finally recessed the power reserve area. It is interesting that the crown sits flat against the case. I have built a couple of these watches and the clearance with a gen crown and new tube was always too tight to get the crown pulled out to the last stop in most crown guards available. It looks like he solved it by pushing the crown that millimeter closer to the case.

Enjoy it!

Mickey-

Congrats. That is a great looking watch. Someone finally recessed the power reserve area. It is interesting that the crown sits flat against the case. I have built a couple of these watches and the clearance with a gen crown and new tube was always too tight to get the crown pulled out to the last stop in most crown guards available. It looks like he solved it by pushing the crown that millimeter closer to the case.

Enjoy it!

Thanks kruzer00! B)

Regarding the crown, it does sit right up to the case edge, or at least it "did". I fixed that by putting in a little rubber O ring inside the crown, so now the lever is stiffer, and the crown has some air between the case too! :D

Nice catch Mickey. Wonderful catch.

I went for the 028a. I came to appreciate the the 027/028 about 3 months back and went on a crazy research to try and build one. DSN provided a straightforward solution. Thanks to him and those involved in building the project. Great community we have here.

Cheers

siesta181

Good idea! LOL Aaron's stuff is top-notch, but it takes a while to get made if it's a custom build. Nice choice!

Yeah his straps are fantastic, but can take up to half a year to arrive! My last order had to be cancelled, I just could not wait any longer......

I think the large square grain alligator should go well with this 027a, at least I hope so! B)