When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So the sec at 12 EOD is ready!

Guest Sql_pl

They finally made it.

"Made with reference from a Non Dissected Genuine Watch supplied a Renowed AP collector.. Identity is witheld. "

8.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

Looks good.

Nice watch.

But i think the dimensions are not accurate.

The Genuine is 44mm, Josh's site says 42mm. Better verify...

And it would be cool if it comes with velcro and canvas strap as per genuine...

Edited by tkmloh

However you measure the rep, its size is correct. There have been a few comparisons of the AP ROO rep and gen (side-by-side) and the dimensions are identical.

Hi,

Good news,

Josh's website has altered the sizes to be exact spec as GEN.

So it was indeed correct from day one.

Just ordered mine... my grail! :D

Too bad about the logo, but I think it's worth it even with the issue... which brings me to the question what is actually wrong?

From what I see, it is a little too far to the right, or centered between the date and the center... should it be offset closer to the center? Is that the only visible issue?

I think the AP logo issue is minimal and barely noticeable. The date window position should concern you more.

Overall, I think this looks fantastic.

Agree.

I think it looks pretty good overall...wasn't this the model that had the wrong tachmetre scale from a few years back i.e., TTK sourced EODs from MBK? Looks like that got fixed...I just hope the color of the yellow is right...I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one...the velcro strap shouldn't be too far behind...

But with the rep now widely available. You are bound to see more on the street, and the people will start thinking you are wearing a rep.

That's why I resist and stay away from all the AP reps.

The only way to stay high nowadays is with the frankens, old school Swiss PAM's like 027, 028, 029, 172 etc., modded MBK Rollies.....

If you go to yahoo auction Hong Kong, you will see all the so called highend reps. offering by the dealers are being sold there in the open market.

But with the rep now widely available. You are bound to see more on the street, and the people will start thinking you are wearing a rep.

That's why I resist and stay away from all the AP reps.

The only way to stay high nowadays is with the frankens, old school Swiss PAM's like 027, 028, 029, 172 etc., modded MBK Rollies.....

If you go to yahoo auction Hong Kong, you will see all the so called highend reps. offering by the dealers are being sold there in the open market.

I'm sorry but I disagree. The change you see a AP ED on the street is very very small.

90% of the people on the street don't even know AP and 99% have never heard of the ED model.

People on the street do know Rolex though and the first question they will probably ask is " is it real?"

@ Sander

I am not sure where you are located. But if in Hong Kong, AP is just as popular as Rolex. It is not that difficult to come across somebody wearing an AP on the bus/subway actually. And these people are for sure knowledgable about AP's.

I guess HK is special in that respect. In terms of size, it is a rather "small" place, with a lot of affluent people crowded into little space. It is also at the front door of the world's center of replica production. Once you go to other major cities around the world, especially outside the Far East, you will see not that many AP's in the wild and average Joe on the street will not have a clue.

I have never been asked about my EOD as it is rather a stealh - than a "bling" watch, while people have commented on my PAMs, my Rollies at al. Furthermore, even though I'm a long time watch afficionado (which means I always look at peoples wrists) and do see quite a bit of wealthy people in my business, I have never seen anyone wearing an EOD. I myself know the gen only from pictures. In my eyes, my chances of seeing the real deal in person are close to zero.

I also think that for the bulk of the rep buyers, (and I DON'T mean the people who spend their time on fora like this and for whom this is more of a hobby), the main reason for buying a rep is that they want to show off. For that you need a watch that gets noticed... - why do you think the factories have waited so long to do an EOD sec@12 while at the same time chunking out generations of Submariners, Seadwellers and DSSD...?

jm2c