When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa Black Lung on Ebay!

Nanuq

HOLY SMOKES!!! There she is, the number FIVE verified Black Lung in existence. :o There may be more, but this is proof that five exist.

The caseback, crown, bracelet, dial and hands are correct. If you've been wanting an extremely rare dive watch, this is the time and this is the place.

Doxa Black Lung

I'm guessing this will go for about $2,000 or if someone gets lucky, a little less due to the economic climate. "Red" is the guy that bought the last BL on the 'Bay and he was prepared to go $4,000 for it. His also did not have the vintage BOR bracelet like this one has.

Watch the "watchuseek doxa" forum to see if anyone there spots a flaw. Else they can't mention it until after the auction. Weird, huh?

WOW was I wrong about the price! $2,800 and 3 days to go.

I'm tellin' ya guys, some of these iconic smaller watch makers are positioned where Rolex was 30 years ago. How many Daytona 6263s would you buy right now, NOS, for $375? That's where they were in 1976. That's where Doxa is right now, or at least a couple years ago.

It'll be curious to see how high this rascal goes! Almost any Sub 300 (no-T) will be expensive now, but the BL is a notch above.

I hated that case design for years. But being a vintage watch nutjob, I kept finding more and more pieces from that era that were similar. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized they're really not THAT bad. I was being inexorably drawn to the Dark Side of the cushion case galaxy.

I'll tell ya, once you try one on, you'll be amazed. My Doxas get the majority of my wrist time now.

certina1.jpg

Yeah it's gotten crazy high. Dang! :blink: But bear in mind there are lots of vintage pieces out there whose values are going to follow the BL up.

Some, like this piece and the Conquistador, are crazy rare with crazy prices. But a rising tide lifts all boats, so keep an eye on Sub 300T models too. $4,000 Sub 300s are going to do things to Sub 300Ts and it won't be long before the prices we're seeing today will be "bargains" that we should have bought.

Sub 300T Synchron

Sub 300T Searambler

You're just gonna let it slip out like that? "With two (yawn) I'm only 3 away"???

Good Lord, man ... you've got one and I've been biting my lip ever since Granite sold that one to you! :Jumpy:

Man I'd like to see you snag this beastie. There is a small market for vintage Doxa right now, but they're so iconic I can't see them going anywhere but straight up... I've bought every Sub 300 that comes along. I think those very first ones are going to be where the action is. Then the oddities like the Conq or your TGPro.

Go for it!