When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 028 with LEO Datewheels

siesta181

Lets get this straight, the DSN 028 is a good rep out of the box. For its price, it had better be. But the A N A L retentiveness in most of us would never wear a rep out of the box. Its a price that we pay for being in this hobby.

SO a LEO's DW upgrade is in order and here is the result.

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

There is some misalignment for 4 of the days. "11" ~ "14" sit slightly slower that the other days, "11" being the worst but even "11" is acceptable. (I have seen worse misalignments in Gens... a certain Big Ingy comes to mind) The other days are dead center. Due to the size of the fonts, magnification is much better.

How do I compare this to my Lello modded 029? The 029 wins hands down in terms of clarity but not in terms of magnification. the dates look bigger in my 028 but the "whiteness" loses out to the 029. I boil this down to the dual cyclops and the sandwich crystal of the 028. LEO's datewheel are whiter than DSN's for sure. Darn DSN crystal.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

siesta181

Wow way to go Leo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great S !!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you don't mind me asking but what strap do you have on your 28? It looks really nice! Also the crown does seem to look pretty good, is it the DSN crown..?

tnx in advance for your reply

argh.. i feel silly; Siesta allready told me that it's a T48 customised to fit the 1.2 stem.. (how could i forget :bangin: ) but it looks great! congratz! :drinks:

Thanks guys...

Its a T48 PVD crown modded to fit the 0.9mm stem of the 2892 movt. A lil bit of epoxy and you are good to go. There are issues with the crown lever not touching the crown but the lever closes very tight to the crwon guard. The visual aesthetics of T crown overrides that flaw. So the hunt for a unmodded PVD crown lever continues.

The strap is from TC. They had a 47% discount with an RG coupon so I grabbed an MP vintage tan with the PVD buckle. This watch deserves nothing less than an MP.

Cheers

siesta

No worries Jurgen, glad to help and i look forward to your masterpiec. Probably gonna be the best 250 in the fora.

@wolf: I'll try to get my mate to upload some pics. In fact those pictures have already been sent to LEO as feedback.

You know the thing about these "misalignments", it's all about from which angle and elevation you look from. Even the "11" "looks good" from certain angle.

does anyone know if davidsen uses his old cases, or the new "slimmer" ones for thi model? IM considering buying just the case, since i have a stranded 028 project.

I don't have the 28A but on my 27A it appears that DSN is using his new Pre-V cases with stubby short lugs.

that is fantastic news. im gonna get a case. i have a really good caseback, so i hope it fits.

Why is it fantastic news? That case is really neither here nor there, e.g. it's wrong for A year watch because of the lugs and the strap divot and it's wrong for a pre-V watch because of the divot.