When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Mail from Jay....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Kevin,

I will get mine in two days, and will shoot up

some pics and send to u asap. We will use DHL/UPS/TNT/FedEx/EMS for express,

depending on the situation at shipping, we choose one from the list. We will

ship to all countires, but the shipping charge is different, we have posted

the shipping charge in Q&A secion of silix-prime. Nice day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I receive his photos, I will post them, then we can reconfirm our list

and finally,...Order.... :Jumpy:

Where can you see concentic c? :g:

Cheers :)

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=25059

Check out the last picture in this post on TRC. In the picture, you can see some glare from the concentric circles on the subdial... Looks like an old record (LP) being held up to the light, indicating that the grooves are there.

hope that helps.

Latest Mail from Jay....

Hi Kevin,

I will get mine in two days, and will shoot up

some pics and send to u asap. We will use DHL/UPS/TNT/FedEx/EMS for express,

depending on the situation at shipping, we choose one from the list. We will

ship to all countires, but the shipping charge is different, we have posted

the shipping charge in Q&A secion of silix-prime. Nice day.

As soon as I receive his photos, I will post them, then we can reconfirm our list

and finally,...Order.... :Jumpy:

Earlier, it was stated that the price was the shipped price. So I assume that the original price will ship the watch the cheapest way, but we can pay more for expedited service??? I would appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks.

Earlier, it was stated that the price was the shipped price. So I assume that the original price will ship the watch the cheapest way, but we can pay more for expedited service??? I would appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks.

Normal shipping is included,.. which usually means Ems, which is fast ...

However if you live in a sensitive area or require or desire faster shipping,

and select a more expensive form of shipping,.. accept to pay the difference.

Fedex for instance, is about twice as much as Ems... I once sent a package to the UK

and had to pay $56 :blink:

Thus if your area requires a more expensive shipper, it is normal for you.

Just keep the perspective that you are receiving a discount on your shipping and a larger

discount on your watch.... ^_^

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=25059

Check out the last picture in this post on TRC. In the picture, you can see some glare from the concentric circles on the subdial... Looks like an old record (LP) being held up to the light, indicating that the grooves are there.

hope that helps.

Thanks a lot mate. :)

Normal shipping is included,.. which usually means Ems, which is fast ...

However if you live in a sensitive area or require or desire faster shipping,

and select a more expensive form of shipping,.. accept to pay the difference.

Fedex for instance, is about twice as much as Ems... I once sent a package to the UK

and had to pay $56 :blink:

Thus if your area requires a more expensive shipper, it is normal for you.

Just keep the perspective that you are receiving a discount on your shipping and a larger

discount on your watch.... ^_^

Thanks for the clarification. I assume that EMS will work fine in shipping to the US, but I'll leave it up to the experts. I can certainly accept that he would expect people to pay the difference if a more expensive shipping method is required or requested. Thanks again.

Please give us the final shipped price so we can decide whether to move or wait - that way you'll get a true head count of all interested.

Hey,.. I'm a mortgage broker,..not a worldwide shipping clerk.. :D

Shipped price has been posted for regular shipping... which is $230 ....

and I have always received my packages in the US from Jay via Ems..

If your area requires special shipping, you should already know which

carriers are best for you... and the usual cost... thus you can calculate

the difference above ems. -_-

If you don't know this information.. write Jay and inquire....

as it would be impossible to post shipping fees to every locale

in the world... :whistling:

[censored] man just get the friggin watches and stop all this pussying around - who gives a [censored] if it is EMS, FED EX etc etc etc blah blah blah - a week already just to decide if the QC is ok or the shipping is ok - good grief!!! All of us know the score well enough to not have to ask all these ridiculous questions - noobs just have to trust us. Get on with it!!!!!

who gives a [censored] if it is EMS, FED EX etc etc etc blah blah blah -

Mark i'm sorry i don't agree. :)

You're in uk and you're a privileged as in your country customs are not very strict.

In several european countries ems has regularly issues that's why is important to know that kind of information.

The concentric circles are really fine and you cant see them unless you look at them at an angle. This is my first 775 movement the quality of the watch is fantastic. I gave it to a coworker today who knows that I buy reps and I told him I paid 7K for it. He believed it, but couldnt believe I would spend so much money on a watch. At that point I told him it was a rep and he couldnt believe how good the watch looked. Now he is not a watch collector so that doesnt mean much. So far the issues I see are the seconds hand is not 100% smooth. Its close but jerks a teeny bit. Since it is so minor I hope that it goes away as the gears wear. The chrono hand is very smooth unlike my Venus 192, which seems to tick. The pushers require much more effort to get the chrono working than the venus. I am hoping that with a little oil and cleaning that the seconds might become very smooth.

How finicky is the chrono on the new 7750's? Can I run it all the time. I have left my venus chrono on for days without problems. The watch also seems to keep good time. Although the watch does not have a date window the crown will still pop out 2x. Is it unwise to wind or turn the crown in the date change position. I know there is no reason to, just curious.

Edited by ck986

Mark i'm sorry i don't agree. :)

You're in uk and you're a privileged as in your country customs are not very strict.

In several european countries ems has regularly issues that's why is important to know that kind of information.

I'm sorry if I'm being impatient and I understand the problems you might have with customs controls - yes I am lucky being in the UK.

It's the things like the post after this that bothers me - "How finicky is the chrono on the new 7750's? Can I run it all the time." Look this is a fake watch with a new layout of the 7750 - no-one knows how well it will run as this is the first time we have seen this configuration of the 7750 so until we have the watch on our wrist we will not know.

Why would you leave the chrono counter running all the time? All this does is to lessen the power reserve of the watch (and this would be exactly the same situation with the gen). The reason the hands are a bit jerky is because a gen ETA 7750 has elipsoidal cut teeth on the chrono gears and going train and this gives a smoother tick. The rep movts don't have the same level of finish as a gen 7750 so they will not be a smooth and they are not going to improve with oiling or age - that is unfortunately the nature of a fake movt! We all of us know the general reliability of the asian 7750 which can be good and can be crap (even the new so called 7750b1). It will not matter if there is a date or not as to the operation of the winding crown - the date change mechanism is very simple and has no bearing on the general running of the movt.

A deadline must be set, or the dealer will be having to fight off people long after,..

requesting the discounted price...killing any future group deals...

Once we have all the info from Jay.. only those that confirm their orders in this thread,

will be allowed the discounted price.. and Jay will know, as you must post your

screen name in the paypal message area.

Lasty.. I have made this deal from a promise of at least 25 orders... so please everyone

that showed interest.. follow through, or these kinds of deals will evaporate quick.

You won't be sorry that you did... this is a Win - Win situation.. ^_^

Hi, Kevin. Thank you for all the hard ground work.

I haven't made up about gold or panda, but count me in, then. BTW, pardon my blind eyes, but it is ETA or new modified Asian 7750b? I'm still confused about movement detail. :blink:

Hi, Kevin. Thank you for all the hard ground work.

I haven't made up about gold or panda, but count me in, then. BTW, pardon my blind eyes, but it is ETA or new modified Asian 7750b? I'm still confused about movement detail. :blink:

Finepics is right.. it's the new improved 7750 running at 28000...

If it were eta the price would be at least $500...

Lastly to everyone.. as soon as I receive the photos from Jay were are all free to order...

if we have 25 people....

So could we get a reconfirmation of the numbers ?

Who is In ?

This will be the Solid List...

I reconfirm for Two pieces.... B)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the Portuguese never came out in yellow gold. This is a dead give-away. And I'm not aware of any genuine white dial with black subdial Portuguese. One has to wonder why these rep manufacturers would attempt something that is so difficult to rep, when they could have repped the more desirable 3706 and it would have been easier to do so.

And if you think this is a good rep, then you don't know very much. There are many many dead giveaways. The main feature of the genuine IWC Portuguese is the hands and dial, and this is precisely what cannot be accurately repped because of the materials used. It's the same reason why Pateks and JLCs can't be repped very well either, since a lot of expense goes into the dial and hands. Yes yes, the case is very accurate, but that is besides the point. The Portuguese is not an expensive IWC line because it has the best case.

That's why rep makers should have tried the 3706 first since it doesn't have the exquisite dial and hands, which are impossible to rep convincingly.

Remember,.. it's not too late to join in ....

Okay.... Here is the list I have so far...

1. Me for 2

3. DuDro

4. Fletch512

5. Krusty Brand

5. Krusty Brand

6. Poodang

7. Dosanim

8. Chicken Manny

9. Drop

10. Pam Man

11. D3706

12. Marsh