When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

In my opinion, we should wait until all the dealers have this watch, otherwise we're battling for a reduction on the early-adopter price instead of a reduction on the proper price.

When TTK, Josh, Trusty, PT, Eddie, etc all have this watch in plentiful supply, we will be able to get a decent price. Until then, it'll be the cheapest of the expensive prices.

i will not wait :angry:

i think this price is ok. Maybe little more discount (209$-219$ ???) and we close this deal :yu:

the price will reduced soon, when all dealers can get this watch... but this is business. New models are more expensive...

if we will wait for best price, we should wait long time. BUT i will this watch now, and not in 2-3 months.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everybody'd like to know some more info:

- shipment method (ems, dhl, fedex...) and cost

- versions available, 2 or three? is there or will be also a blue hands and markers version?

- price, of course

- new pics, mainly with ss bracelet :victory:

Thanks Richard for your effort :)

:yawn: please more info .....

i think this price is ok. Maybe little more discount (209$-219$ ???) and we close this deal :yu:

the price will reduced soon, when all dealers can get this watch... but this is business. New models are more expensive...

if we will wait for best price, we should wait long time. BUT i will this watch now, and not in 2-3 months.

t... i think we are talking about waiting another week or two (not months) -- most dealers will have it by then. i own over 30 watches, and i can assure you that it is ALWAYS wise to wait until at least a few are in other members hands so that you know what the flaws are. EVERY rep will have flaws... the question is whether you want to know before you receive it... or when you open the package... most of us are in the first category. i'm still trying to confirm the dimensions(!) of the watch. keep your chin up. :victory:

Edited by Watchwatcher

In my opinion, we should wait until all the dealers have this watch, otherwise we're battling for a reduction on the early-adopter price instead of a reduction on the proper price.

When TTK, Josh, Trusty, PT, Eddie, etc all have this watch in plentiful supply, we will be able to get a decent price. Until then, it'll be the cheapest of the expensive prices.

We are waiting for Jay to receive his photos from the manufacturer.

Also I have inquired about his shipping methods, and countries on his black list

which I should receive by tomorrow.

He has already verified the movement as the same 28000 bph 7750 as honpo delivers.

The Models are already posted, only Two Available, Panda and White with Gold Markers & Hands.

As for prices, we need to understand the difference between a small, medium or mega-dealer.

Small dealers have a much lower profit margin because they cannot order in bulk, thus they

pay a higher price from the distributer.

Medium dealers pay a bit less, but the Megas, {which are only Three,... Jay, King, and Paul,}

enjoy a power to buy in large quantities and some deal directly with the factories,

thus their price structures are the lowest.

I have not contacted Paul for various reasons, but I have Jay and King,.. King's offer is $260.

Jay is $230, which is a $110 discount off the current selling price.

This is Rock Bottom,..for a while...

Otherwise they would rather just sell at their regular prices...

After all these are New Release watches, not left-over or out of production,

and new watches usually sell quite easily, if they are as anticipated as are these ....

So let's know when to stop pushing, before cart falls over the edge.

We want to play this smart, for future Group buys, not Greedy.

As for waiting I personally am not willing to wait on this magnificent piece,

for six months for a possible, additional $30 discount are you ? -_-

You will see used watches of these in a year selling for more than this....

sold by people who were not fast or sharp enough to get in on this deal... B)

P.S. {In the above pricing you can see how much EL was doing for us as a small dealer.

I know his cost on these, and his profit at $269 was just enough for a beer..}

A Shout-Out to EL for his noble and self-less offer

Also to that Masked Man... {you know who you are} :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The next one is hopefully yours !

Why are we so impatient?

We are waiting for Jay to receive his photos from the manufacturer.

Also I have inquired about his shipping methods, and countries on his black list

which I should receive by tomorrow.

He has already verified the movement as the same 28000 bph 7750 as honpo delivers.

The Models are already posted, only Two Available, Panda and White with Gold Markers & Hands.

As for prices, we need to understand the difference between a small, medium or mega-dealer.

Small dealers have a much lower profit margin because they cannot order in bulk, thus they

pay a higher price from the distributer.

Medium dealers pay a bit less, but the Megas, {which are only Three,... Jay, King, and Paul,}

enjoy a power to buy in large quantities and some deal directly with the factories,

thus their price structures are the lowest.

I have not contacted Paul for various reasons, but I have Jay and King,.. King's offer is $260.

Jay is $230, which is a $110 discount off the current selling price.

This is Rock Bottom,..for a while...

Otherwise they would rather just sell at their regular prices...

After all these are New Release watches, not left-over or out of production,

and new watches usually sell quite easily, if they are as anticipated as are these ....

So let's know when to stop pushing, before cart falls over the edge.

We want to play this smart, for future Group buys, not Greedy.

for six months for a possible, additional $30 discount are you ? -_-

You will see used watches of these in a year selling for more than this....

sold by people who were not fast or sharp enough to get in on this deal... B)

P.S. {In the above pricing you can see how much EL was doing for us as a small dealer.

I know his cost on these, and his profit at $269 was just enough for a beer..}

A Shout-Out to EL for his noble and self-less offer

Also to that Masked Man... {you know who you are} :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The next one is hopefully yours !

Ahemmm...I thought you were done buying reps....

We told you so... :yeah:

Why are we so impatient?

because we will not wait :bleh:

look what Richard Tracy say:

for six months for a possible, additional $30 discount are you ?

YES that´s good opinion :victory:

But i am a little weary of Jay's quality control issue

That really makes me laugh. Do you think that Jay inspects every watch before they are sent out? Do you think that Jay even sees the watch before they are sent out. The deal is this - Jay will make a deal with his favourite wholesaler to purchase say XXX watches for $xxx then sell them on to us for $xxx - if there is a difference between $xxx and $xxx then he makes a good profit and we get the watch for a good price - we are happy. But if we went to Ghuangzhou and bought a watch directly from one of the hundreds of wholesalers there we might also get a much better price than our dealers would get them for. Our dealers act as the conduit between the factories, the wholesalers and the customer. Why else is it that a dealer in Thailand or Hong Kong sells us a watch that ships from China!!!!! There is no quality control so quit babbling and either be in or out - simple!!!

No insult intended to Jay or any other dealer but they are only in business to make money - nothing else!

Is ther a certain deadline set for placing an order? Or is everyone just waiting for Jay to receive photo from manufacturer?

A deadline must be set, or the dealer will be having to fight off people long after,..

requesting the discounted price...killing any future group deals...

Once we have all the info from Jay.. only those that confirm their orders in this thread,

will be allowed the discounted price.. and Jay will know, as you must post your

screen name in the paypal message area.

Lasty.. I have made this deal from a promise of at least 25 orders... so please everyone

that showed interest.. follow through, or these kinds of deals will evaporate quick.

You won't be sorry that you did... this is a Win - Win situation.. ^_^