When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the Portuguese never came out in yellow gold. This is a dead give-away. And I'm not aware of any genuine white dial with black subdial Portuguese. One has to wonder why these rep manufacturers would attempt something that is so difficult to rep, when they could have repped the more desirable 3706 and it would have been easier to do so.

And if you think this is a good rep, then you don't know very much. There are many many dead giveaways. The main feature of the genuine IWC Portuguese is the hands and dial, and this is precisely what cannot be accurately repped because of the materials used. It's the same reason why Pateks and JLCs can't be repped very well either, since a lot of expense goes into the dial and hands. Yes yes, the case is very accurate, but that is besides the point. The Portuguese is not an expensive IWC line because it has the best case.

That's why rep makers should have tried the 3706 first since it doesn't have the exquisite dial and hands, which are impossible to rep convincingly.

Wake up Dabom - when did you last look at IWC's models. I suggest you read this thread from the beginning and then go away and enter www.iwc.ch into your address bar. You won't find the panda model now but all this has already been discussed. Fuk me!!!!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm... that's ROSE gold. The only yellow gold watches from IWC are from the PORTOFINO line, not the high end Portuguese line. Check out the close up pics of a gen 3714 - the hands are breath-taking. The rep on the other hand look a sickly yellow color with no depth to it. It's the same for replica Pateks - you just can't rep exquisite hands or dials. That's why rep makes should stick with easy ones like the 3706 and get it right!

Wake up Dabom - when did you last look at IWC's models. I suggest you read this thread from the beginning and then go away and enter www.iwc.ch into your address bar. You won't find the panda model now but all this has already been discussed. Fuk me!!!!

tell me how you really feel finepics. so sue me for having an opinion. :bangin:

by the way, instead of making cryptic flippant statements like "go check www.iwc.ch", why don't you be specific, and I'll tell you specifically how you're wrong. At least we have someplace to begin a discussion. Unless of course, you just want to tell me how you feel. :yeah:

Edited by dabom

IWC

• IWC

• Portuguese Chrono-Automatic

• Size: 40.9mm Diameter

• Automatic Movement

• Chronograph Functions

• 18K Yellow Gold Case

• Convex Sapphire Crystal

• Silvered Dial, Silver Subdials

• Gold Arabic Numerals/Index

Markers

• Glossy Dark Brown Alligator Strap

• Water Resistant to 30M

• Model IW3714-16

Here you go, not rose!

IWC

• IWC

• Portuguese Chrono-Automatic

• Size: 40.9mm Diameter

• Automatic Movement

• Chronograph Functions

• 18K Yellow Gold Case

• Convex Sapphire Crystal

• Silvered Dial, Silver Subdials

• Gold Arabic Numerals/Index

Markers

• Glossy Dark Brown Alligator Strap

• Water Resistant to 30M

• Model IW3714-16

Here you go, not rose!

yes I know what the official literature says, but it's not yellow gold. It's an orange gold, whatever the heck they call it. Show me one picture of the 3714 that is properly lit that clearly shows it's yellow and I'll shut up. I've seen it in the flesh, I've got a bazillion pictures of it and it's not yellow gold. The rep on the other hand is clearly yellow.

Dabom,

We did aleady discussed that issue long ago....

Please... we are in the order confirmation stage.... :whistling:

The list again..... ^_^ and it's not too late to slip in....

1. Me for 2

3. DuDro

4. Fletch512

5. Krusty Brand

6. Doodang

7. Disanim

8. Chicken Manny

9. Drop

10. Pam Man

11. D3706

12. Marsh

13. Love Panerai

14. FX Randy

15. Pugwash

16. Nguyendd

17. Finepics

18. Bravo

19. Denise Gold

20. Sql_pl

21. Rocket 754

22. Tourbillon 1801

23. Watch Watcher

24. Ryaku

25. Nate 922

26. Szumi

27. Okram

28. Halley

If I missed anyone .. please let me know... -_-

yes I know what the official literature says, but it's not yellow gold. It's an orange gold, whatever the heck they call it. Show me one picture of the 3714 that is properly lit that clearly shows it's yellow and I'll shut up. I've seen it in the flesh, I've got a bazillion pictures of it and it's not yellow gold. The rep on the other hand is clearly yellow.

Link to gen in yellow gold

(What it says):

108134-24610.jpg

Brand: IWC

Model: Portuguese Chrono-Automatic (White / 18kt Yellow Gold)

Code: IW371416

Movement: Automatic

Size: 40.9mm

Band: Leather Strap

MSRP: $13,500 USD

Price: $9,450 USD

Description: The Portuguese seafarers, of course, were not interested only in navigation. For them, precision timing was also a priority, which is why it was essential that the Portuguese line also had room for chronographs. The Portuguese Chrono-Automatic is actually the little brother of the Portuguese Chrono-Rattrapante, whose imposing appearance has fascinated many a watch lover. The huge demand prompted the watchmakers from Schaffhausen to create the automatic chronograph. In the space made available by the lack of a split-seconds mechanism they inserted an automatic winding system. The 79350 calibre movement with its rate of 28,800 beats per hour guarantees the legendary precision that you would expect of a watch with a provenance in sea travel. Needless to say, the Portuguese Chrono-Automatic comes with the typical features of a Portuguese watch: embossed Arabic numerals, tapering swallow-style hands and recessed subdials for the minutes and seconds counters.

Edited by Bravo

okay - I checked my pictures again, and I may be wrong about the rose gold. However, it clearly is a different colour. It is not the "light yellow" of the rep. It is a darker yellow. Either that or the shape of the hands make it look darker. The point of the matter is that the rep hands look cheap and the colour looks off. My point really wasn't about the name of the colour.

@dabom

Had to be a [censored] but I have seen it in person and it is yellow gold. I don't think that anyone (rep) has yet to nail the color yellow solid. All I was saying is that they do make a yellow gold model when you said they did not produce one.

I bow out now...

But still in for a steel white/gold hands with black strap please!!

If you are talking about the dial numbers being more yellow than RG then I would agree - sorry to rant at you but we all know they are not 100% perfect - they are reps not gens. But that very small difference is hardly noticeable and I have have been looking at the gens in my local watch store just today and they are not as RG as they look in the pics. The Panda dial model, which is certainly a genuine model although not in the current IWC catalogue, is the more accurate of the two but if you are worried about it or the sub dials not being as recessed as the gen then don't come in on the group buy. It's no use just adding insignificant comments to this thread when all this is about is establishing the numbers of people that want to buy this rep to bring the price down a bit.

I think the Gold Looks Fantastic.... !

Besides, it could be a Special order or Special Edition...

The List Again..... :whistling:

1. Me for 2

3. DuDro

4. Fletch512

5. Krusty Brand

6. Poodang

7. Dosanim

8. Chicken Manny

9. Drop

10. Pam Man

11. D3706

12. Marsh

13. Love Panerai

14. FX Randy

15. Jake48

16. Nguyendd

17. Finepics

18. Bravo

19. Denise Gold

20. Sql_pl

21. Rocket 754

22. Tourbillon 1801

23. Watch Watcher

24. Ryaku

25. Nate 922

26. Szumi

27. Okram

28. Halley

If I missed anyone ..or if you want in......Please let me know.

Sorry for the late entry, I have been following this thread for a while and waiting on a quote from another dealer for the same watch. I have bought over 20 watches from this well known dealer and he couldn't even come close. Trust me - no one is going to beat this deal for a while.

Count me in!!!!!!

Kevin

1. Me for 2

3. DuDro

4. Fletch512

5. Krusty Brand

6. Doodang

7. Disanim

8. Chicken Manny

9. Drop

10. Pam Man

11. D3706

12. Marsh

13. Love Panerai

14. FX Randy

15. Pugwash

16. Nguyendd

17. Finepics

18. Bravo

19. Denise Gold

20. Sql_pl

21. Rocket 754

22. Tourbillon 1801

23. Watch Watcher

24. Ryaku

25. Nate 922

26. Szumi

27. Okram

28. Halley

Edited by jake48

The hands on the Panda model are really done well. I would say they are very close, I went to the AD and checked a few gens today. The dial is as good as a rep is going to get. Maybe if there is interest the rep factories will come out with another generation. I think you will all be surprised at how well the dial is made. The watch has nice presence there is a lot of sparkle from the numerals and polished parts of the case. The only major flaws are the sub dials not being as recessed on the panda, 4 small tic marks instead of 3, and the polished case back. I think that the numerals are raised a bit more on the gen too, but that is just being nitpicky.

1. Me for 2

3. DuDro

4. Fletch512

5. Krusty Brand

6. Poodang

7. Dosanim

8. Chicken Manny

9. Drop

10. Pam Man

11. D3706

12. Marsh

13. Love Panerai

14. FX Randy

15. Jake48

16. Nguyendd

17. Finepics

18. Bravo

19. Denise Gold

20. Sql_pl

21. Rocket 754

22. Tourbillon 1801

23. Watch Watcher

24. Ryaku

25. Nate 922

26. Szumi

27. Okram

28. Halley

you gotta love that 13 is my lucky number and my birthdate....sorry for the meaningless post :yeah:

okay - I checked my pictures again, and I may be wrong about the rose gold. However, it clearly is a different colour. It is not the "light yellow" of the rep. It is a darker yellow. Either that or the shape of the hands make it look darker. The point of the matter is that the rep hands look cheap and the colour looks off. My point really wasn't about the name of the colour.

yellow gold...rose gold...yellow gold...roese gold...yellow gold....rose gold

you make me crazy :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

why not ask a iwc expert? ....me :victory:

Referenz 371402 is rosegold (call also redgold...pinkgold etc)

Referenz 371416 is yellow gold

Just to add to the frenzy...Just wanted to let you know that I received my silver/gold version from Eddie today...And this thing is spectacular! I can confirm that this one also has concentric circles on the subdials.

(Just for info)

108444-24529.jpg

Brand: IWC

Series: Portuguese Chrono Automatic

Reference: IW371401

Movement: Automatic, IWC C.79240 (base ETA 7750), 31 jewels, 28,800 vph, approximate power reserve of 44 hours.

Functions: Hour, minute, subsidiary second, chronograph.

Dial: Silvered dial

Case: Stainless steel case (Ø40.9mm, height 12.45mm, weight with strap 80 grams), sapphire crystal, water-resistant to 30 meters.

Watchband: Black crocodile leather strap.

Bravo says "Any chance of a black strap on mine, please?"

B)