When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine rather quickly (around 2 weeks maybe less) and aside from the jerky seconds hand (smaller sub dials and smaller seconds hands make this movement less noticeable) the only issue I have is that a few of the applied numbers don't sit flush on the dial. Silix has been great about responding to my concerns and is taking care of the problem.

Overall this watch is right up there for looks, feel, presence and in my mind value. After I find the right strap, I expect that tyhis beauty will get lots-o-wrist time.

120009-21782.jpg

120009-21783.jpg

120009-21784.jpg

120009-21785.jpg

120009-21786.jpg

Got mine rather quickly (around 2 weeks maybe less) and aside from the jerky seconds hand (smaller sub dials and smaller seconds hands make this movement less noticeable) the only issue I have is that a few of the applied numbers don't sit flush on the dial. Silix has been great about responding to my concerns and is taking care of the problem.

Overall this watch is right up there for looks, feel, presence and in my mind value. After I find the right strap, I expect that tyhis beauty will get lots-o-wrist time.

Beautiful pics, thanks.

I didn't get it, numbers looks perfect from the pics. :huh:

What's the matter?

Are you sure it's not a common issue?

Beautiful pics, thanks.

I didn't get it, numbers looks perfect from the pics. :huh:

What's the matter?

Are you sure it's not a common issue?

Check out the "0" in the number 10 in the third photo. Most of the numbers are not flush but this is the worst of them all. Jay is resolving the issue and has been great.

The watch has been adjusted and is running at + 5secs over the last week......in total!

Gotta love watchmakers that enjoy watches :D

Panda arrived today... quick. Two questions for the rest of you...

1) this is the first of the new 7750s i have bot... i recall with the old 7750s, it was recommended that the watch be run in a certain way for the first few days to 'break in' the movement. IS THIS ALSO the case with these movements, and if so, what is the process?

2) i understand that these movements arrive dry... are most of you having it lubed by a watchsmith right away or is there some other solution?

THANKS, Watch looks great, i like the nice domed shaped of the crystal. strap looks like vinyl.

i went over it with a loop and would say that it looks stunning. for those who were asking, the panda subdials do have concentric circles (i don't know if the gen does or not). if you did not know what an iwc was and saw this on someone's wrist, you would have the impression that it was quite a watch. as i mentioned before, i don't like the rep strap and the watch is screaming for a very expensive looking strap...most likely black croc.

NOW... COULD SOMEONE PLS TAKE A STAB AT THESE QUESTIONS???

1) this is the first of the new 7750s i have bot... i recall with the old 7750s, it was recommended that the watch be run in a certain way for the first few days to 'break in' the movement. IS THIS ALSO the case with these movements, and if so, what is the process?

2) i understand that these movements arrive dry... are most of you having it lubed by a watchsmith right away or is there some other solution?

Edited by Watchwatcher

Your best bet is to wind the watch and let it run, with the chrono running for a day. Why? Because it can't hurt it. :D

As for being dry, almost all our reps are delivered dry, it's just that some movements handle it better, notably the 2836. If you want the watch to last, a service may be a good idea, but these movements need it less than the older ones.

i went over it with a loop and would say that it looks very good. for those who were asking, the panda subdials do not have concentric circles (i don't know if the gen does or not). if you did not know what an iwc was and saw this on someone's wrist, you would still have the impression that it was quite a watch. as i mentioned before, i don't like the rep strap and the watch is screaming for a very expensive looking strap...most likely black croc.

I think yours is a mistaken impression, subdials have concentric circles even though not very visible

121678-21463.jpg

I ordered one from King on Monday and it will arrive tomorrow. :)

It doesn't surprise me at all, King is very efficient from my experience. :)

Still do not have my group buy IWC yet - not impressed with the service from Silix at all. Will not be buying from them again.

Sorry to hear this guys.... this is very unusual for Jay...I never had

any order take more than two weeks, and one week was average,

something must be amiss in the line somewhere...

Let me see if I can find out where...

Three weeks is unheard of... :whistling:

Should have let me know earlier... ;)