When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC BP5004 on HKTAN

elisiX

Hi Geeks..

Had some free time this afternoon and took a few new pictures of this incredible watch. I've had the BP about 2 months now and it's not skipped a beat. Running like a champ as expected. For the money, you seriously cannot find a better replicated watch - period. I've sat with the genuine BP5004 side by side a few times now and its so close, you would almost be nuts to buy the gen! If I had the cash though, I could easily be convinced to buy the gen 5005 BI however.

V1 non functional PR w/ correct hands

Correct lume on dial and hands

Movement adjusted and regulated

Rotor bearings lubed to minimize noise

Chief double AR coating

Datewheel modification

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

lol Lani. You know it was your pictures that inspired this build/purchase.

Yes I have tried another strap. Its the red/black gator from HKTAN which was made for the Skyland BlackSteel.

I dont have any pictures of this combination but it looks fantastic also.

Hey,

Sweet watch love the hktan similar to my 5002 that i am selling.

The thing with the working PR is there is no mod to fix the sunken date wheel problem. It is hit and miss but the non functional PR is more accurate than its working PR brother. Both good reps none the less.

You made some great investments in this to take it from a $160 rep to nearly gen :) good work and it looks great again

Also no rep is ever better than a gen, the gen is a gen for a reason and their is a reason why they are copied :)

Dan

Hey,

Sweet watch love the hktan similar to my 5002 that i am selling.

The thing with the working PR is there is no mod to fix the sunken date wheel problem. It is hit and miss but the non functional PR is more accurate than its working PR brother. Both good reps none the less.

You made some great investments in this to take it from a $160 rep to nearly gen :) good work and it looks great again

Also no rep is ever better than a gen, the gen is a gen for a reason and their is a reason why they are copied :)

Dan

Great watch.I tried to find how to order from HKtan and couldn't. could you give me a hint?

Cheers. <_<

hi... newbie here.. looking to get a big pilot. based in canada.

where is the best place to buy a new replica, and what price should i expect to pay? Should i be aware of different replica manufacturers, and different quality models from each manufacturer? If so, what replica manufacturer (do we even know the manufacturer?) apologies for the newbie questions, still learning.