When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New addition

Oyster

You know, the thing I like most about the MBW's is that it is an awesome watch as is. I have had no less than 10 MBW watches and everyone held it's own in an un-modded state. Of course, that didn't stop me but for the un-initiated, it really needs nothing to be an enjoyable wearable addition to your collection.

Think of it, if a manufacturer or even the cartel sold these with a sterile dial, I bet they would fetch good money and sell very well in the mainstream marketplace.

A solid well built timepiece. Enjoy it in good health>.

When I see these vintage domed Rolex, I can't help but to think;

Jellyfish.jpg

and I mean that in the most, possible, complementary way. It just says 'ocean me'.

Speaking of which, and this is a poke, but the demographic here is so varied, I came upon this the other day in a tidal pool on the Atlantic Central Coast of Florida. The push of hurricane 'Bill' brought it from the Gulf Stream. I've fished (and lived) here for over a quarter century. Never seen anything like it. I did a cursory Google and only came up with one hit; "some sort of 'Medusa' ". Like saying "...the 5512 some sort of 'wristwatch' "

medusa.jpg

Nice piece 'Oyster'. Have it water tested!

Thanks Demsey, Yes I plan to do that but only after tube/crown change :)

Very nice Oyster. What modifications do you have in mind?

Vlydog, Just the bare basic like crystal & bezel insert swap + tube & crown job.

+1 ;)

Stephane, Will leave the watch untouched until I can find someone in my area to do the mods like cg reshaping & widening of lug holes. I'm in Asia, so customs ain't my best friend :)

For the time being, I will take more shots instead :)

And oh, vintage lume is also part of the plan, again until I can find someone to do it here :)

So, the journey begins...

When I see these vintage domed Rolex, I can't help but to think;

Jellyfish.jpg

and I mean that in the most, possible, complementary way. It just says 'ocean me'.

Speaking of which, and this is a poke, but the demographic here is so varied, I came upon this the other day in a tidal pool on the Atlantic Central Coast of Florida. The push of hurricane 'Bill' brought it from the Gulf Stream. I've fished (and lived) here for over a quarter century. Never seen anything like it. I did a cursory Google and only came up with one hit; "some sort of 'Medusa' ". Like saying "...the 5512 some sort of 'wristwatch' "

medusa.jpg

Demsey, I can relate to what you've just shared with us. I'm an avid diver and a DM, and for the past decade having spent underwater I definitely felt that the rolex oyster case have a place and belong somewhere in the abyss :yu: An alien species perhaps :bangin:

Rob

Thanks Demsey, Yes I plan to do that but only after tube/crown change :)

Vlydog, Just the bare basic like crystal & bezel insert swap + tube & crown job.

Stephane, Will leave the watch untouched until I can find someone in my area to do the mods like cg reshaping & widening of lug holes. I'm in Asia, so customs ain't my best friend :)

For the time being, I will take more shots instead :)

And oh, vintage lume is also part of the plan, again until I can find someone to do it here :)

So, the journey begins...

Hmmm, if you are in Asia I am sure you will find some great local members to help you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As you say: let the journey begin :whistling: