When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 issue

andreww

After about 5 years of faithful service, the 7750 in my navitimer has developed an issue. The quick set date has stopped functioning. The watch functions normally and the date changes at midnight. I know that not having a quik set function in a 7753 navi rep actually makes it more accurate, but I'd like to have it back. Any ideas?

Edited by andreww

Hey A,

5 years unserviced is awesome!!! I think you should stick it on a mantel and get a new one without desk driving scuffs. ;)

LOL, none of my watches have deskdiving marks Toad, I'm pretty vigilant with the polishing tools. You are right about getting a new one, but this has a lot of sentimental value.

Hoping it's a worn stem or something simple. Zig?

Go on send it to The Zigmeister, you can always get a new one for the interim period!

As you say it has sentimental value, it deserves it!

Yeah, that is an idea, but I could also buy a new one and transplant the 28k movement and better dial in to this case with the correct slide rule.

I haven't bothered polishing any of my pieces. Like Andy said, if you get a new one, you'll have a high beat movement but with potentially a <1 year reliability expectation without servicing (as per Zig's experience)...could be higher...could be lower...but you'll get a newer dial. Would the new dial even fit in your old case with the better slide rule?

I'm slowly getting Zig to service all mine...just love having a silent A7750 rotor and smooth winding stem...not that I ever manually wind. ;)

5 years ? i wouldn't bother fixing it just for the date quick set ... just wear it as it is

but then its your choice. Chances are it may not even merit a service, just needs to have the keyless fixed

That's what I'm hoping. Still waiting for zigs opinion before I do anything.