When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first replica!

frutta007

Check out my First Replica.... Its Breitling Hercules

I read in one post that there are no good reps of Hercules.. What do you think about this one..

Unfortunately this is one of those reps that the factory just didn't try very hard on...

There are countless major flaws on it with the most glaring one being that it has a date - the genuine doesn't...

However, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter...

What counts is that you like the piece...

Wear it well my friend :thumbsupsmileyanim: ...

TT

Genuine for comparison:

generalshotsall009ib1.jpg

Exactly like the others said...sometimes you just want a watch that a super high accuracy rep doesn't exist for. And, if you like what you ordered, that's all that matters. The same can be said for the many variations of the Omega Speedmasters that exist because of the inaccurate subdial spacing, or the Rolex 6263's, or countless other watches. People still love the design...so people still buy them.

Reps are interesting on many levels. For me, sometimes it's on finding a very high accuracy rep, other times it's just finding a nice design that's "close enough" and doesn't need to be accurate. I've bought many a "fantasy" watch because I liked the design, knowing full well accuracy was not in mind when they made the pieces.

It's an interesting looking watch...and if it's your first Breitling (rep or gen), I bet you like the heft and weight of the piece. Wait until you get a Bentley on your wrist...those are big!! The Montbrillant Legende are considered very accurate (aside from the sunken datewheel which may have been fixed now...can't remember).

Thx for the replys.. Just looked at it more carefull and found couple of differents...

But there is one more question - how to detect quality of reps, accept appearance?

Welcome to RWG!! Your best source for info.

Generally, if a review or discussion on a particular model can't be found, post a topic in the appropriate subsection and you should get a response.

For the most part, the pieces sold by collectors/dealers recommended here are the higher end reps. You can find more models out there somewhere else, but service and quality will be unknown variables. The dealers here are (for the most part), trusted dealers who stand by their products and sell the good stuff. There are variants between dealers sometimes, so you have to do your research here and find out about the different versions, and determine which is the best for you.

Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time to do the research. Fortunately, the time spent is interesting and educational.

Good luck.

I would also have to agree with TT. If you like the watch then It's a good choice for you. I will give you a quick example. I purchased my first Breitling about a month ago. It's the Bently motors T version. The running seconds are at the 9 instead of the 3 position. There are also a few other flaws that dont really bother me. The thing Is I really like this watch because of the outstanding quality, everything feels so smooth on this watch, from setting the time and pressing the pushers to turning the bezel and closing the clasp. The watch just feels good. I have more accurate watches but this Is the highest quality rep piece In my colection. I wish you well with your new Breitling. :) Mike

Congrats on your very first rep... it's the one purchase you will remember above all others. :)

As many first buy's your so excited about the brand that your not really concerned with every detail..

that will change with the natural evolution of your hobby.. if you stay here and interact and research .. ask questions.. read.

We all went through the "evolution" of this "hobby" of ours..

this community and hobby has taken me to take up photography with a new camera.. lenses.. it's fun and rewarding at the same time.

so remember.. this hobby and community is here for "your" enjoyment ... I thought I'd just buy a few reps and that would be it.. I've found so much more here... incredible.. :D

@hackR .. maybe you can get TT to part with that beauty... ;)

Live Strong and Wear it Well

A~C

Lani