When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen or Rep?

vlydog

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother to spend more, this just demonstrates that even the very best rep is only similar to the gen and won’t fool people who know what they are looking when viewed side by side. But I’m sure your watch would fool 100% of the people you meet every day as it is now or weather you mod it further.

The first thing my eyes were drawn to on the WM9 were the bulky CGs and the honkin crown... they were a quick give away. I'd say the CGs need modding on the outer surfaces to get them right.

OK, the CG are a good call; thank you B.

but the crown is gen.

OK, the CG are a good call; thank you B.

but the crown is gen.

See? Even we go back and forth. Ask yourself why you really care?

The 1% of the general public that are interested usually notice one of two things. The hand sweeps, which is a good thing, and/or the bracelet feels flimsy, which is (in their mind) a giveaway.

People simply dont know. Those that do, are people like us, and we aren't going to be fooled. Are we at a certain point then trying to fool ourselves?

I've got a ETA classic (wok) sub. My first rep. Its unmodded, and I love it. its made me want a gen very much. What we consider crap, most would be shocked to believe is a rep.

DCDC16610.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg