When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Confiscated Watch Scam? Possible Rip Off?

squeaker

How will I know if a watch I shipped between the US and Canada was confiscated? I had a trade deal worked out with a guy in Canada and he shipped me his watch about 3 weeks ago, I never got it. In the meantime I shipped him mine about 2+ weeks ago and he claims he hasn't received it either.

Do you think I got ripped off by this guy or confiscated at customs?

I sent his by USPS as a gift wrapped in Mickey Mouse bubble wrap package from the post office, his was sent regular mail as well.

PS he also sent out a package a couple days later with extra links he forgot, I never got it either, leads me to believe I may have been ripped off here.

Worried.

I do not know how new are you here. But I hope that you are not doing business with a guy that goes by the name Frank Francour or something like that, he is a well known scammer.

Be safe

Edited by cib0rgman

Nope, not Frank, must be a different guy. He just e-mailed me that he recieved the watch I sent him. Mine went out a week after he shipped mine, I'm asking for a scan for the receipt now.

If I haven't gotten it in 3+ weeks then I'm guessing I'm not going to get it.

If it was confiscated by customs or whatever don't they send a notification to the sender or reciever about it?

The guys been really nice and quick to respond to e-mails, I would not think about being scammed but he sent me two packages 3+ days apart, second with some links, and I haven't gotten either.

Probably just bad luck with shipping.

Who nkows, maybe it'll show up but after 3-4 weeks i'm guessing its gone now.

• 1 month later...
if customs seized your package they will send you a notice. the package with the links they wouldn't seize.

Don't know if you're talking about US or Canadian customs, but I'm not sure this is correct. I've had a package that I shipped to Canada stuck in Canadian customs since June 16. I've never received any sort of notification from them. It just shows in the USPS tracking info. as "Into Foreign Customs" and the date. So, even if you have tracking, you don't really know what the deal is (other than Customs has it and it's not a scam seller).

Don't know if you're talking about US or Canadian customs, but I'm not sure this is correct. I've had a package that I shipped to Canada stuck in Canadian customs since June 16. I've never received any sort of notification from them. It just shows in the USPS tracking info. as "Into Foreign Customs" and the date. So, even if you have tracking, you don't really know what the deal is (other than Customs has it and it's not a scam seller).

i am talking about us customs. he said the seller was in canada so he must be in us. they will send a letter to the importer witch would be him. it will take them some time to send the letter and they will notify the manufactures lawyers and then they will send him a letter after that.

Sometime US/Canada customs are VERY slow, but they rarely seize anything. Then there is the US shipping which is very strange sometime (a package sent from Canada can go to Texas and then in California.. lot of travel for nothing)

Edited by vric

Sometime US/Canada customs are VERY slow, but they rarely seize anything. Then there is the US shipping which is very strange sometime (a package sent from Canada can go to Texas and then in California.. lot of travel for nothing)

You didn't by chance declare it as a watch when you shipped it did you? That is a good way to tempt the sticky fingers of postal & customs workers.

I am waiting for a package from Canada for 2+ weeks now under similar circumstances.

No tracking, because the value of the parcel was not high enough to warrant tracking.

I trust the sender. But it is frustrating nonetheless, for both of us I am sure.

It gives me some small consolation to hear from others that US-Canada customs can be slow, and that even without tracking they should send a notice regarding the disposition of the package.

You didn't by chance declare it as a watch when you shipped it did you? That is a good way to tempt the sticky fingers of postal & customs workers.

I didn't shipped any watch to US. Don't get me in this story...

I do send and receive a lot of package from US and around the world, and sometime it take more time to do Ohio - Canada than Tokyo - Canada.

But If I would have to send one, I would declare it as a "watch parts for repair and return to sender". The Zigmeister is doing that all the time and he don't seem to have any problem. Just don't insure it for $1000 :lol:

Edited by vric