When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lot's of New id's on the Board

lanikai

Noobs this thread is for you !!!!!

I thought I'd bring this topic up as I see many new usernames on the board.. but none of you are posting ..

you really don't have to be an expert horologist to post and become a "active" part of this community..

Look at me .. It took me forever to learn how to remove movements and swap crystals.. no one made fun .. :huh:

but your not going to get anywhere just reading.. experience is the best teacher.. mistakes are the best tool at times..

Too many members make the wrong purchase only to say.. but I "hung out" for a year.. but they never posted any quesions to avert making the mistakes a lot of us have.. we could of saved you some $$$.

We're gearing up for a mega membership upgrade drive and raffle.. instead of 1 watch as a "give away" I think I may dig down and offer multiple prizes..

So .. unless you favour just dangling your feet... jump in head first.. the waters fine !! B)

We have members like Ubiquitous.. who can build a watch .. no problem .. and is one of the leaders in tech info.. with the Rolex line.. but he will never put you down .. he is always humble and patient with all of us..

so unless your posting and getting active.. you're really wasting what RWG has to offer..

Common.. let's see 'ALL' you members that have not or hardly have posted.. chime in on this thread !!!!

simple OK.. will do for starters..

We really need more activity and you guy's are the new blood that keeps the wheels turning !!SO POST !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A~C

Lani

I've noticed that there seems to be less board activity overall lately. I used to log in first thing in the morning, and there were a ton of pasts marked from that day, or the previous evening. Seems like things are slowing down. Most posts when I hop on first thing, are from the previous day. Maybe i'm just nuts...

WR

I`ll second that..

I know i only have 50 odd posts but you really only find out about our chosen hobby if you become active and start asking questions!!

Every noob has at least one burning question that they`d like to ask (i know i did) and the members here are the best in the business so to speak :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ive learnt so much since i joined not only by spending hours trawling through past posts but also by asking exactly what i needed to know.

When i first got into replica watches i thought it was about badly made far eastern tat but i soon learnt that you can purchase a beautiful well made replica of the genuine watch that you always promised yourself (but financially you could never afford :( ) from this board for the price of a night out with the lads!!

My purchases so far iv`e been very happy with, from my po from Reg to my smp from Dragonslayer.. :good: (thanks R)

Get involved...it`s bloody good fun!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've noticed that there seems to be less board activity overall lately. I used to log in first thing in the morning, and there were a ton of pasts marked from that day, or the previous evening. Seems like things are slowing down. Most posts when I hop on first thing, are from the previous day. Maybe i'm just nuts...

WR

maybe it's the thread .."are we being watched" ... or just shyness .. apathy on the Newcomers part.. but what good is a watch forum if you all leave it up to just a few individuals to post new topics or review a piece...

let's see action !!.. :clapping:

Seriously I for one would like to hear from the newer members .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A~C

L

One thing I've noticed (at least as far as my posting participation goes) is I'm posting less because of the lack of the "Starred Topic" feature. I was able to follow and track more topics that I was interested in than I am now.

W

there are other factors also.. new releases dropped off due to the slow economy...

Conversly more genuines are being bought.. the price is right for them now if you can find the cash..

I'm just trying to get more members active in the community.. but maybe there will always be a percentage that chooses to stay silent .. for whatever reason.. :)

A~C

Lani :)

"Your best source of new business is your existing customers."

I learned that from my boss of many decades ago.

The existing customers aren't posting so much anymore.

I would address that situation first, before asking the noobs why they aren't speaking up.

Even some of our long time members and moderators make few posts now.

I don't know why. Maybe we should ask.

Carl

"Your best source of new business is your existing customers."

I learned that from my boss of many decades ago.

The existing customers aren't posting so much anymore.

I would address that situation first, before asking the noobs why they aren't speaking up.

Even some of our long time members and moderators make few posts now.

I don't know why. Maybe we should ask.

Carl

Ok it is certainly worth a Thread !!

If you don't mind

Carl I'll use your post to start up another thread..

thanks Carl..

A~C

Lani

As a noob, it is very intimidating to post here just from the fear of being ridiculed by asking a dumb question. But I've definitely asked my share of questions now, and I have never been ridiculed. So, from one noob to the others, it may seem intimidating to get started, but just do it, ask the dumb questions, as my teachers always said the only true dumb questions are the ones not asked...so ask already! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Just don't ask who makes the Best Sub, from what I understand that is a little taboo :wounded1:

It should be a prerequistite for Noobs to ask dumb questions

maybe make it a rule/customary that every newbie is expected and allowed (10) ten dumb posts at the start......that should lower their shoulders...kind of an initation rite :drinks:

From PM's I get, and some of the posts that go around, I can see that the more a place is a source of solid, technical info, the harder it is for someone new to post. That is where RG is in fact easier on a Noob, as there are a lot more "fun" less horological threads there, that are very noob friendly to post in. Lots of new members I find really feel they don't have much to contribute compared to the wealth that's here.

Photograph quality here is amazing, and that can intimidate somebody who is new to photography, let alone reps and macro photography.

New purchases are often critiqued as we often compare them to our current HIGH standard for quality reps, instead of remembering that flaws aside, low accuracy reps can in fact still be really nice watches compared to some ugly Nixon, or Fossil thing.

These things can be intimidating to break into. I had to work pretty hard on some of my early posts to feel comfortable on producing a quality thread before I started my first topic here...and understand that for many, time, interest, perseverence or whatever, may not be there to do the same.

I`ll second that..

I know i only have 50 odd posts but you really only find out about our chosen hobby if you become active and start asking questions!!

Every noob has at least one burning question that they`d like to ask (i know i did) and the members here are the best in the business so to speak :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ive learnt so much since i joined not only by spending hours trawling through past posts but also by asking exactly what i needed to know.

When i first got into replica watches i thought it was about badly made far eastern tat but i soon learnt that you can purchase a beautiful well made replica of the genuine watch that you always promised yourself (but financially you could never afford :( ) from this board for the price of a night out with the lads!!

My purchases so far iv`e been very happy with, from my po from Reg to my smp from Dragonslayer.. :good: (thanks R)

Get involved...it`s bloody good fun!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well said my friend..well said! :clapping:

I enjoyed chatting with you too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think a lot of people join, to find access to reputable dealers or where to by reps. from. I guess the only real way to know that is too look at the numbers of members relative to how much they log into the site. How many sign up find the dealers list and you never see them log in again?

Truth right there. I have wondered what % of the 21,627 members we have are actual 'active' members (i.e log-in regularly and/or post). I'd guess maybe 30-40% max?