When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

modded RBII dial with C

sander

Fantastic work, makes a big difference! B)

Now if only somebody would produce that style of plate in volume.....

Thanks, it really does make a difference.

Producing the plate in volume is not a very big issue. The problem will be collecting the screws and minute wheels.

Also the modding itself is not a very easy job. Drilling with 0.8mm drills in the second movement plate very close to the jewels is risky!

Also I thought that gluing the new hour wheel to the second movement plate was the easiest thing in the process. Well... it was not... the first attempt a little glue got stuck to the real hour wheel and on the second attempt a little glue appeared on the outside of the wheel. As I already wrote, the margins are really small :lol:

Thanks, it really does make a difference.

Producing the plate in volume is not a very big issue. The problem will be collecting the screws and minute wheels.

Also the modding itself is not a very easy job. Drilling with 0.8mm drills in the second movement plate very close to the jewels is risky!

Also I thought that gluing the new hour wheel to the second movement plate was the easiest thing in the process. Well... it was not... the first attempt a little glue got stuck to the real hour wheel and on the second attempt a little glue appeared on the outside of the wheel. As I already wrote, the margins are really small :lol:

Wow, man, this is really great work. If you decide to produce this plate, I'm interested in getting one. I have lot of screws and wheels in my parts boxes, so I need just the plate :)

If you will not be producing it, do you have some blueprint or something to share, I have some friends that work with CNC workshops, maybe I can work something out.

Congratulations again !

regards